Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Uneven Log Cabin Top finished!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/uneven-log-cabin-top-finished-t98075.html)

CoventryUK 02-14-2011 04:19 PM

Originally Posted by Izy

Originally Posted by CoventryUK
Think it must be the day for machine malfunction!! I noticed another thread on here and someone mentioning having machine problems!!!!! Hope yours is sorted now!! Sarahs machine seemed to object to Gutterman thread!!! :roll: You have worked apace on the Log Cabin!! I'm sure it looks fab!! :thumbup:

Got other projects I want to get started on Hilary, need to get this one DONE!! No machine still playing up, I will HAVE to get it serviced asap!
Think you flogged it to death!!!!! It must have been smoking lately with the ammount you have done!!
:-D

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :thumbup:

Izy 02-15-2011 01:42 AM

Originally Posted by Izy

Think it must be the day for machine malfunction!! I noticed another thread on here and someone mentioning having machine problems!!!!! Hope yours is sorted now!! Sarahs machine seemed to object to Gutterman thread!!! :roll: You have worked apace on the Log Cabin!! I'm sure it looks fab!! :thumbup:

Got other projects I want to get started on Hilary, need to get this one DONE!! No machine still playing up, I will HAVE to get it serviced asap!
Think you flogged it to death!!!!! It must have been smoking lately with the ammount you have done!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :thumbup:

I have to agree, though I don't do my free motion on full pelt like I used to...I read in a book to run at half speed and adjust your movements to suit...it is SOOOOOOOOO much easier, gives you more time to assess where to go next, and doesn't stress me out as much, I think my machine would have had a dicky fit if I tried to go full whack now...

:shock: :roll: :lol:

jdavis 02-18-2011 04:15 PM

Another wonderful quilt! She will cherish it!

sandy12010 02-18-2011 04:25 PM

great job and wonderful colors...Thanks for sharing

Izy 02-19-2011 02:12 AM

Originally Posted by sandy12010
great job and wonderful colors...Thanks for sharing

Bless you all for your fantastic comments, progress has come to a halt...my machine is acting up, I have 3/4 done with the meandering when it started having tension issues, think it's the thread but how can I change now...I have had a repair guy in to look at it and he doesn't think it is the machine, although the knee lifter was sticking so maybe I will be in luck later as I want to get this baby done!!

:D

winia 02-19-2011 05:33 AM

Just beautiful. Why quilt it? Just add some ribbon or buttons to anchor the back to the front and let it go at that.
Stitching in the ditch would not do it justice. I truly hope the
woman who you are giving it to will appreciate it greatly.
It deserves to be displayed in a prominent place in anyone's
home. Congratulations!! :thumbup:

dashton4 02-19-2011 05:37 AM

I like this one a lot! Very pretty, thanks for sharing.

Izy 02-19-2011 05:38 AM

Originally Posted by winia
Just beautiful. Why quilt it? Just add some ribbon or buttons to anchor the back to the front and let it go at that.
Stitching in the ditch would not do it justice. I truly hope the
woman who you are giving it to will appreciate it greatly.
It deserves to be displayed in a prominent place in anyone's
home. Congratulations!! :thumbup:

Oh Jan WILL appreciate it so much! This lady used to teach Patchwork to her pupils in the Boarding School she was a 'House Mistress' looking after around 50 girls..

I have finally finished the meandering which looks lovely, I used a thinnish thread (think that is why it kept snapping...) so doesn't detract from the design. WHEN I sew all the tails in and get it finished I will show you all before I send it out to her

Quilting Becky 02-19-2011 05:43 AM

I just took a logcabin to my machine quilter. She suggested an all over swirling pattern for the log cabin blocks. I think the repeating outline would be nice for the applique section, but not too busy. Love your quilt and color choices. Congrats on a completed project.

Izy 02-19-2011 11:15 AM

Well I got 'reeeeeally' brave and did the tiniest stippling all around the applique...it came out quite good for my first attempts!! So all that's left is to trim it back and get the binding on, shouldn't be long now :-D

Hopefully I should get the tutorial done beginning of the week, as we have booked last minute to have a week's break on the Island of Gran Canaria, one of The Canary Islands, which is close to Africa. We go on Thursday, hopefully will be warmer than here!! :thumbup: