Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   UPDATE!!! - Crazy crumb top complete!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/update-crazy-crumb-top-complete-t12436.html)

Evelynquilts 10-20-2008 04:43 PM

What a pretty quilt... :lol:

Mplsgirl 10-20-2008 05:31 PM

I wish I had enuf experience to say something. That is so coooool!

sewhappy57 10-20-2008 05:56 PM

Oh Izy it's beautiful! A crumb quilt is definitely on my to do list. :D :D :D

Janstar 10-20-2008 06:24 PM

Izy, you have done an extrodinary job on your crumb quilt. Your designing abilities are wonderful. So vibrant! Way to go girl!!! Jan

rein 10-20-2008 06:30 PM

Oh Iz you are such a kick! I thought I was the only one who would get "all ready to be done" then discover I had made a big boo boo!!

Your quilt is absolutely gorgeous! so bright and cheery!

I think you could do about anything in the quilting part and it would still be delightful.

Dodie 10-20-2008 06:49 PM

meandering quilting would be great on that why don't you try sandwiching a couple pieces of muslin abot 14 or 16 inches and practice and if you are worried use monifilement thread on top and something in the bobbin that would blend into the top in case your tension is not perfect but practice first and always remember to pull the bobbin thread to the top you can do it have fun

Kyiav10 10-20-2008 07:32 PM

I really like it!! Great work.

Kyia

bluebird 10-20-2008 07:36 PM

Originally Posted by Dodie
meandering quilting would be great on that why don't you try sandwiching a couple pieces of muslin abot 14 or 16 inches and practice and if you are worried use monifilement thread on top and something in the bobbin that would blend into the top in case your tension is not perfect but practice first and always remember to pull the bobbin thread to the top you can do it have fun

And drop your feed dogs :oops:
Beautiful crumb quilt.

Izy 10-20-2008 10:06 PM

Originally Posted by Dodie

Thanks Dodie for your advice, I was worried about what colour thread to use but thats a great idea about the monofilament, and I have a pink that will match the backing perfectly (I think!!) I have practised at meandering and free motion, it's just such a big quilt even in two halves :shock:

Well today we are having a lady visit our guild who is giving us a lesson on free motion!! So thats good timing, let's see if I learn anything new today :D

Thanks everyone for your lovely comments and advice :D

Lucky Patsy's 10-20-2008 10:15 PM

Wowie-Zowie!!!!