Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   UPDATE!!! - Crazy crumb top complete!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/update-crazy-crumb-top-complete-t12436.html)

Izy 10-21-2008 09:53 AM

Originally Posted by reneebobby
WOw that is really pretty. I love it I would meander just as I know keep it tight and go slow.

Renee. I understand you have your machine running fast and move your hands slow, it's finding the balance to ensure even stitches that is the hard part lol!! I was getting 'eyelashes' on the reverse, where the tension was pulling the top thread down, but I read somewhere here that said I was whipping around the bends too quickly, so I will make up another practice sandwich and try and remember to slow down on the bends, just like driving really... :roll: :lol:

Oh something else I read here.....big head, little neck, big head, little neck..chanting this to help you keep the meander going like a jigsaw puzzle...the things we do :shock: :lol:

Barbm 10-21-2008 11:14 AM

I love the meandering, once you get your "speed" it just flows. I did my crumb quilt with it and and it looks great. (Check out UFO challenge- it was my challenge to myself to finish.)

Barbm

sewaholic 10-21-2008 02:57 PM

Looks even better now that it's finished.
Did you do alternate blocks with the same pink around them or it is just the way the color looks on my 'puter ?

Margie 10-21-2008 06:27 PM

This quilt is wonderful. Where can I get the pattern?

bluebird 10-21-2008 06:36 PM

Originally Posted by Izy

Originally Posted by Lucky Patsy's "Mom"
Wowie-Zowie!!!!

Next thing is to think of a name....any idea?? :D

"Izzies Crumbs" "Izzies Crazy Crumbs" "Kitty Crumbs"

Just a thought, not sure how you would spell your name. This quilt is done beautifully and is just too cute, you should get lots of good comments at the show. :D

jbsstrawberry 10-21-2008 08:09 PM

Izy!!! What a beautiful, bright, cheery quilt! You do such awesome work!

GailG 10-21-2008 08:43 PM

Wish I could help you, but I'm still stuck on the "it's in 2 parts." HUH ?? And the border overlapping boggles my mind, too. Those colors are so pretty.

Margie 10-21-2008 08:54 PM

Izzy, I am really new here. Where did you find this pattern. It is so pretty. Is it for a fairly new quilter? These block look like fun and scraps could be used. Thanks Margie

Izy 10-22-2008 02:14 AM

Originally Posted by sewaholic
Looks even better now that it's finished.
Did you do alternate blocks with the same pink around them or it is just the way the color looks on my 'puter ?

Yes, every other block has the same hot pink, I was hoping I had enough fabric for them all, but this was a re-cycled dress from a charity shop, so I was lucky to get 40+ blocks out of it :D

Izy 10-22-2008 02:16 AM

Originally Posted by Margie
This quilt is wonderful. Where can I get the pattern?

There is no pattern, I just made it up Margie, but have a look in the tutorial page - you can download the picture tutorial how to make the individual blocks I made :D