Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Upholstery Sample Bags/Purses (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/upholstery-sample-bags-purses-t82101.html)

Stitchnripper 12-11-2010 01:52 PM

What great purses!

CarrieAnne 12-11-2010 02:33 PM

very nice!

Lockeb 12-11-2010 02:42 PM

Great Job!

RNUNU 12-11-2010 03:27 PM

Originally Posted by katied772
I have lots of these samples from my day job in a furniture store. Been collecting them for a couple years, much to my husband's dismay. He works in the same store and it was really difficult to get them out without his noticing but I managed. I have some leather samples too. Bet they would work well for this. Did you use any lining or batting?

If the Upholstery sample was "heavy enough" = Not necessary for batting or stiffning ..... if lighter weight, yes I did use it. All the bags are lined and I use a light-weight batting to give the "inside pockets" more structure (there are "four inside pockets"). I also use "Plastic Canvas" (I think that's what they call it) cut to the size of the bottom of the bag, which add more stability, and it will stand-up better.

RNUNU 12-11-2010 03:41 PM

3 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by katied772
I have lots of these samples from my day job in a furniture store. Been collecting them for a couple years, much to my husband's dismay. He works in the same store and it was really difficult to get them out without his noticing but I managed. I have some leather samples too. Bet they would work well for this. Did you use any lining or batting?

With you having such a supply .... thought maybe you would like to some close-up pictures the other bags.

This bag is of Tan and Soft Blues.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]141720[/ATTACH]

This bag is Tans and Dark Plum colors.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]141722[/ATTACH]

This one is Navy, Tan and Rust colors.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]141723[/ATTACH]

IBQUILTIN 12-11-2010 03:43 PM

What a great wasay to use those pieces. Who would have thought. Only a frugal quilter. They will hold up so well and are nice as can be. Great job

barbt 12-11-2010 04:08 PM

1 Attachment(s)
great job. I like the combination of colors and textures. I get a lot of upholstery remnants and made purses and tote bags as Christmas gifts this year.

Kitsapquilter 12-11-2010 04:12 PM

Love those bags. Now I will want to be on the look out for some of those samples!!

earthwalker 12-11-2010 04:15 PM

These are really beautiful. You have put the colours and textures together really well. Like someone else mentioned, I don't like bright or patterned bags, but yours, I would go for. Love the subtle colours...you really should consider selling these, either privately or to a shop. Style and planet friendly...what more could you want!

Moon Holiday 12-11-2010 04:18 PM

You did a very nice job and aren't you the lucky one!
Upholstery samples are great for use making bags. I am always on the lookout for them!