Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Upholstery Sample Bags/Purses (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/upholstery-sample-bags-purses-t82101.html)

tutt 12-11-2010 04:20 PM

WOW I LOVE these!!

Lady-T 12-11-2010 04:38 PM

You did fantastic! Will you be posting in the Classifieds? :)

QuiltQtrs 12-11-2010 04:46 PM

Why not offer them on the Classifieds .... they are all unique and so well- made.

katied772 12-11-2010 04:47 PM

Originally Posted by RNUNU

Originally Posted by katied772
I have lots of these samples from my day job in a furniture store. Been collecting them for a couple years, much to my husband's dismay. He works in the same store and it was really difficult to get them out without his noticing but I managed. I have some leather samples too. Bet they would work well for this. Did you use any lining or batting?

With you having such a supply .... thought maybe you would like to some close-up pictures the other bags.

Thank you for the closeups. Very inspiring. Think I'll dig my samples out and prove to my husband that there was a good reason to collect them.

TFquilter 12-11-2010 04:51 PM

I fell heir to a couple "bins full" of (discontinued) Upholstery Samples from a furniture store and thought I would share one of the projects I have been using them for. These purses have "four pockets" inside, in the bag lining ..... and "two pockets" on the outside (at each side/end) of the bag. Just like any of us who sew ..... "Where there is will, there is a way" in putting together and making use of all kinds of scraps, leftovers, etc.

I remember seeing those...awesome...do you have any left?

RNUNU 12-11-2010 05:03 PM

Originally Posted by barbt
great job. I like the combination of colors and textures. I get a lot of upholstery remnants and made purses and tote bags as Christmas gifts this year.

Your bags are very good looking also ..... I am the kind of person who "LOVES' to create, mixing colors and textures .... and love how the finished project comes out. It is boring for me to sit down and make 25-50 of the same thing .... like it better to make each one different.

Hammockhanger 12-11-2010 05:05 PM

Nice

RNUNU 12-11-2010 05:07 PM

Originally Posted by TFquilter

I fell heir to a couple "bins full" of (discontinued) Upholstery Samples from a furniture store and thought I would share one of the projects I have been using them for. These purses have "four pockets" inside, in the bag lining ..... and "two pockets" on the outside (at each side/end) of the bag. Just like any of us who sew ..... "Where there is will, there is a way" in putting together and making use of all kinds of scraps, leftovers, etc.

I remember seeing those...awesome...do you have any left?

Yes .... have a couple left. If I don't run out of time .... thought I might put a few together to sell at the Quilt Show in April.

beachlady 12-11-2010 05:08 PM

Great bags - beautiful and study!

raedar63 12-11-2010 05:37 PM

I would buy one in a second! Hope you decide to sell some (hint ,hint)