Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   A Walk Through the Park quilt top (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/walk-through-park-quilt-top-t22776.html)

barnbum 07-15-2009 03:43 AM

gcathie--I had printed the photo of your quilt when I was choosing colors--the effect of lights vs darks...and I was wondering--did you use the exact fabrics from the pattern? Thye looked darn close if they weren't. :D I remember you received the pattern from a place you bought fabrics, so maybe that's a yes?

Reproducing fabrics? Nice. :lol:

tlrnhi 07-15-2009 03:46 AM

gcathie......YOU DIDN'T STOP?? OMG!! If it were me, I'd have been there in a heartbeat and then over to her dad's place to see his beautiful flowers. But, not until I had gotten enough love from those babies and MY Rosie!

sandpat 07-15-2009 04:14 AM

Karla...another great job!!! Now you are making me bookmark this and add it to my huge long to do list. I love the color choices for both yours and gcathie's!

So is this yours or are you gifting??? Can you see my hands wildly waving??? Gifting!!!! Here!!! Here!!!! :lol: :lol:

Justquilting 07-15-2009 04:17 AM

Love this quilt!! I love the greens..couldn't see that there were 2 different greens. I love seeing the same quilt in different colors. Their both gorgeous!! Great job :thumbup:

CajunQuilter2 07-15-2009 04:21 AM

WOW!! Beautiful. Awesome colors, pattern,everything!!!

barnbum 07-15-2009 04:28 AM

sandpat--oh gosh you crack me up. This was a "I HAVE to make that" quilt. No plan other than that--which is my usual pattern. :roll: My daughter has a second ragged flannel on her request list--but I showed her this and said if I call it "A Walk Through the Arboretum" would she prefer it over a ragged flannel? (She loves hanging out in the arboretum at college.) She said although she loves it, she still wants her ragged. So... since I can't part with this one (sell) just yet... looks like it'll be added to the pile for kids when they get houses. :wink:

I giving a little quilt show at Quail Summit next month--so nothing is going to the quilter's until after that. This give me time to finish the next three tops that are on my summer goal list.

Debbie1 07-15-2009 05:27 AM

Beautiful quilt! I can't see a difference in the green - it just looks goregeous!

feline fanatic 07-15-2009 06:31 AM

I had to really study the picture to pick out a different shade of green in the sashing and even now I'm not sure. It's lovely. I can see why the pattern spoke to you, it speaks to me as well but I have so many patterns I want to do in the pipeline... Aw what the heck, what's one more? Hmmm did I say that when I adopted my 5th cat as well?? :lol:

Anyway, it is a wonderful quilt, you did a great job and I too love the fabrics and colors.

FF

butterflyquilter 07-15-2009 06:50 AM

Gorgeous--I love those greens

mytwopals 07-15-2009 07:03 AM

Looks good to me. I like the color combo.