Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   What to do with them? Need some input, please. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/what-do-them-need-some-input-please-t110078.html)

CindyinNY 03-24-2011 08:16 PM

Nice fabric! The one on the right........blue, yellow and green would but not the pink one. There is no pink in my duck fabric. I'll try to look that up on line. Doubt I can get any right now though (financial woes) but thanks for showing me. I appreciate it.

Minnisewta 03-25-2011 04:35 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by CindyinNY
I have these two fabrics and I don't know what kind of quilt to make with them.
The first one looks and feels like fleece but the back side is a weave of some kind, so it needs to be covered.
The second one (Ducks) I think is just too cute to cut up or am I wrong about that?
I'm still so new to quilting, thought maybe you all could guide me a bit. TIA

Here is the quilt I made with the duck fabric.

the colors didn't come out right but you get the idea.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]174920[/ATTACH]

Momsmurf 03-25-2011 07:46 PM

Originally Posted by rusty quilter
Why not make the ducks into little fussy cut squares with borders around them, and use your other fabric for a backing on a baby quilt?

That was my initial thought also.
Another thought is to do something like the Quilt For Kids kits.... 4 patch between the duck blocks.

Maybe your 4 patch could be coordinating colors.

I love the duckies!
The flannel definitely would work for a backing.

Momsmurf 03-25-2011 07:48 PM

Originally Posted by Minnisewta

Originally Posted by CindyinNY
I have these two fabrics and I don't know what kind of quilt to make with them.
The first one looks and feels like fleece but the back side is a weave of some kind, so it needs to be covered.
The second one (Ducks) I think is just too cute to cut up or am I wrong about that?
I'm still so new to quilting, thought maybe you all could guide me a bit. TIA

Here is the quilt I made with the duck fabric.

Oh my goodness......how darling! Makes me want to go out and find some of those ducks!

Minnisewta 03-25-2011 08:05 PM

Misty Marie, I love the quilt you made with the duck fabric!

CindyinNY 03-25-2011 08:37 PM

I like all the quilts that have been shown in this post.

Right now I'm leaning toward the quilt for kids design, a square of the ducks with a four patch of yellow and the umbrella fabric in between.

Thank for all the good ideas!!

I think most of the ones shown are a bit more complicated than I can handle right now and not sure I'd have enough fabric.

One of these days I might be able to call my self a "quilter". "Might" :lol:

Momsmurf 03-25-2011 10:05 PM

You will do well!

Let us see what you decide on, will you?

cjaye44 03-26-2011 02:33 PM

Those are the cutest little ducks!

omak 04-02-2011 10:30 PM

I haven't read all the posts in this thread, but I gather that your fuzzy fabric is actually bathrobe type fabric and designed to be lined, so you have that pretty well decided.
When you get fabric that is an all over like your little duckies, it is hard to figure out how big to cut your squares.
I am not sure how big your biggest duck is, but a five inch square should work well - - you will get different little ducks in each square (or six inches)
if you add the 4-patches in complimentary colors alternating between the squares, might I suggest 2.5" squares in your 4-patch, which would make the squares you cut = 4.5"
If you need different measurements, I can help you do the figuring <wave>