Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   What was Hoffman Fabrics thinking? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/what-hoffman-fabrics-thinking-t37086.html)

Ducky 02-16-2010 11:35 AM

I actually like the gray and metallic silver fabric. One could get very creative with it.

Favorite Fabrics 02-16-2010 11:35 AM

Originally Posted by LovingIzabella
Will you be carrying the stark one?

Oh, no... I just don't think I could bring myself to order that one.

I miss the red in the birds.

Miss...

...miss...

.......miss...

I'm just thrilled that they're bringing back the first one again!

Favorite Fabrics 02-16-2010 11:39 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Ducky
I actually like the gray and metallic silver fabric. One could get very creative with it.

What would you combine it with, Ducky? I didn't see anything else in Hoffman's lineup that was gray. At least, not that dark a gray. They didn't even show any silver-gray ones in the 2010 holiday lines. They've done pewter-black tones before, in their Asian groups, but those always had gold metallic, not silver.

I just checked their site, looking for the "28S" colorway, to see if they had ANYTHING else to go with this... and the closest is this intriguing swirl one (can you see the birds in it?) but it is white and silver. The cardinal one has no really light tones in it to tie in directly with the white.

Chasing Hawk 02-16-2010 11:53 AM

I like the grayish one, and the "ducky" one if that's its name.

Ducky 02-16-2010 11:56 AM

I don't see why a white couldn't be incorporated... Actually, what I saw in my mind's eye was a gradation from very light grays down to blacks. But I would think a deep burgundy or deep olive green in sashing or border would make a rich look.

LOL!!! Hey, I've never been accused of having great taste and talent in putting fabrics together. Though, I truly love the colored samples you showed us, too. I love anything with cardinals.

Favorite Fabrics 02-16-2010 12:03 PM

Well, I almost *always* can be called way too literal in my interpretations of the fabrics. Which is why I'm stuck on having red cardinals, and of course all daffodil fabrics (for me) have to be yellow, white, with maybe a little peach but not pink ('cause those "pink daffodils" aren't truly pink)...

Maybe the more artsy folks need to do a serious intervention with me! :-)

MNQuilter 02-16-2010 12:05 PM

I think that some reds would make the grey/silver fabric pop!

thismomquilts 02-16-2010 12:55 PM

I love the fourth one!!

nursie76 02-16-2010 01:03 PM

I think that the fourth one would work well if combined with the colored versions of the collection. I am not creative, but can see how it would work.

billswife99 02-16-2010 01:33 PM

Oh dear! I think I sent some of that gold one to my secret santa! Now you are telling me it's ugly? :oops: Sorry Ligia!