Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   You Can't Cover Up With These Quilts!! - Part 2 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/you-cant-cover-up-these-quilts-part-2-a-t38832.html)

SulaBug 03-07-2010 09:56 PM

This furniture is absolutely dreamy!! :thumbup: Wouldn't we all LOVE to have a piece or two of it? :D Thank you ever so much for sharing these gorgeous piece's with all of us today!! I am dreaming, dreaming, dreaming!!
:D :D :D :D

ctmhjenn 03-07-2010 10:45 PM

There are not enough pieces to go around, so they all have to come to ME. They are just gorgeous, someone had a very brilliant idea. Joanie

Carol W 03-08-2010 05:11 AM

Very nice.

dsj 03-08-2010 07:12 AM

Thanks for the info, how cute. I have thought about doing that with yard sale finds and thrift shop finds. You can get pretty creative refinishing and upholstering. I would shoot someone if they sat on those chairs or sofa's. I love those. I am so girly anyway, I am drooling all over myself.

n2scraplvr 03-08-2010 07:44 AM

Originally Posted by Gerbie
One of those chairs would be beautiful in a Guest room or great in a quilting shope to display their products! Thanks for sharing and for the ideas.
Oops forgive the spelling, it's late, (shop)

Your welcome!! A quilting shop is a good idea!!! Never thought of that!!
:D :D

n2scraplvr 03-08-2010 07:46 AM

Originally Posted by SulaBug
This furniture is absolutely dreamy!! :thumbup: Wouldn't we all LOVE to have a piece or two of it? :D Thank you ever so much for sharing these gorgeous piece's with all of us today!! I am dreaming, dreaming, dreaming!!
:D :D :D :D

Yes, yes, yes!!! We'd ALL love some of this stuff! We're in dream city for sure!!

n2scraplvr 03-08-2010 07:51 AM

Originally Posted by dsj
Thanks for the info, how cute. I have thought about doing that with yard sale finds and thrift shop finds. You can get pretty creative refinishing and upholstering. I would shoot someone if they sat on those chairs or sofa's. I love those. I am so girly anyway, I am drooling all over myself.

I'm in dreamland too! Yes, some people know just how to turn things around with garage sale finds, etc. This is right up my alley! I would redesign the whole room around one of these pieces or the whole house!! haha!! Me girly, too. Love those feminine touches that these bring to a house or shop!

weezie 03-08-2010 02:31 PM

To me, it doesn't look like re-cycled furniture. It is so unique, it looks as though it was specifically created from scratch to be what it is ... as Marcia says, "stinking adorable". It looks pretty delicate, though ... structurally, I mean.

stitchinwitch 03-08-2010 02:33 PM

How unusually BEAUTIFUL that is!! I want to "move in" whereever it is! At a shop?? No Problem - I will pack a back and bring my green tea and shortbread cookies??

n2scraplvr 03-08-2010 03:01 PM

Originally Posted by weezie
To me, it doesn't look like re-cycled furniture. It is so unique, it looks as though it was specifically created from scratch to be what it is ... as Marcia says, "stinking adorable". It looks pretty delicate, though ... structurally, I mean.

No, this is NOT recycled furniture at all!! There is a specific designer who designs these pieces with specially designed quilts intended for upholstering. DSJ mentioned she would like to do this with garage sale/thrift shop finds. That's a whole different category from this type of furniture. But it would look really neat to upcycle an old chair with a quilted piece. The designer also designs a lot of the scroll type woodwork you see in the studio in the background painted white. She has done some of the bedroom furniture painted white you also see in her studio. It is sturdy and one-of-a-kind.