Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Your opinion please - What else should I do? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/your-opinion-please-what-else-should-i-do-t79253.html)

Treasureit 11-28-2010 10:48 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I have gotten to the point on this quilt that I am not sure if I should be done or do more. I have stitched in the ditch around each block that has a truck or tractor in it. Actually I first stitched along each row that has the triangles then finished stitching the rest of those blocks.

The blocks are 12 x 16 and a couple are 12 x 20. The overall size is 65x65. Do I need more quilting? If I do what would you suggest I do?

Theresa 11-28-2010 10:51 AM

This is sooo cute! If you wanterd to do more quilting, an echo stitch in the large triangles might be good. I'm no expect on this topic so will enjoy comments from others.

amma 11-28-2010 10:56 AM

What are the quilting requirements for your batting? That is the first thing I look at...
Next, will it get washed a lot? if so more quilting is better :wink: it helps it hold up longer :D:D:D

This is a cute quilt!!

Bobbin along 11-28-2010 11:01 AM

A really cute quilt! I know some little guy is really going to love it! As for quilting it--I really like echo quilting, on this one probably rather wide echos in the big triangles. I might also do a little SID in the truck windows and wheel hubs. If I was really ambitious, i might do one or 2 rows of echo quilting around each truck. Whatever--he's going to love it, no mater what! :thumbup:

ann clare 11-28-2010 11:04 AM

I love it.

C.Cal Quilt Girl 11-28-2010 11:07 AM

That is Adorable know many little ones that would enjoy the theme!!

If want to add more might add running lights, 2-3 along the cab or trailer, satin stitch light, space, light, can do on top and bottom of the cabs. Sort of like a tack, Clear as mud? :)

Theresa 11-28-2010 11:33 AM

Originally Posted by C.Cal Quilt Girl
That is Adorable know many little ones that would enjoy the theme!!

If want to add more might add running lights, 2-3 along the cab or trailer, satin stitch light, space, light, can do on top and bottom of the cabs. Sort of like a tack, Clear as mud? :)

Great ideas!!!

Treasureit 11-28-2010 11:40 AM

Originally Posted by amma
What are the quilting requirements for your batting? That is the first thing I look at...
Next, will it get washed a lot? if so more quilting is better :wink: it helps it hold up longer :D:D:D

This is a cute quilt!!

I am using a bamboo batting and it says quilt up to 8" apart. Does that mean I should not quilt closer together? Or does it mean that my (12x 16) SID is not enough?

greensleeves 11-28-2010 11:46 AM

Your greatest distance between stitching should be no more than 8" so you do need a little more stitching. Use one of the suggestions already posted. Very cute quilt, my GS would love it.

smitty 11-28-2010 11:52 AM

you need outline quilting around the edge of each truck to make them stand out. a little interior quilting of each truck (around the wheels, bed, etc) will do a lot for it. you want to have quilting lines of about the same density on all of the quilt. this means--don't quilt close together on some of the quilt then leave 6" spaces on other parts.
these trucks are so cute!