Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Progress on Vintage quilt >

Progress on Vintage quilt

Progress on Vintage quilt

Old 03-09-2010, 04:34 AM

I just love the one fourth inch foot on my machine for this is the final results - a perfect square - which was always hard for me to do. - nice work - hope all goes well with the rest of the quilt - anxious to see it done.
Old 03-09-2010, 04:50 AM

I fell in love with this when I saw you post the what do you think I should do pics.. I even saved one to my quilts I would like to do folder I loved it that much. Now seeing the work in progress its going to be stunning. I hope you can share the pattern and dimensions one day. I am dying to see the finished work. YOu dont need sleep. Hurry up hurry up! Also pressing seams out instead of to the side.. this is helping how? I seriously would love to know how that affects your block. I have always pressed to the side as my class was told it makes a seam stronger?
Old 03-09-2010, 04:52 AM

Wow! That is some precision! Congratulations!!
Old 03-09-2010, 07:55 AM

How has pressing the seams open affected my outcome? Well, I pressed all the blocks last night and every one of them came out just about like that one. I bet out of 8 blocks that I will have just a few tiny, tiny slivers of squaring up to do. Would pressing them to the side have had the same result? Close but, probably not.

There's debate about whether it really makes it stronger and opinions that it's "old school" and based more on hand sewing the pieces.

I did a pattern but I am finding corrections as I go. I have to re-do the basket part since I found last night that I was not going to mess with 2 7/8" pieces, 7 3/8" pieces, etc. I re-drew the block and will try it tonight.