Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
AS PROMISED!!! PHOTOS OF MY SEWING ROOM!!!! >

AS PROMISED!!! PHOTOS OF MY SEWING ROOM!!!!

AS PROMISED!!! PHOTOS OF MY SEWING ROOM!!!!

Old 06-22-2009, 12:46 PM

WOOOOHOOOOO!!! Congrats on your wonderful sewing room. Doesn't it feel good to be organized? I bet that you go in there and just stand and smile. My guest room was the last room to finish after I moved. It only took 3 years to get the last boxes out of there. I go in there three or four times a week and just look and feel good. My next goal is to make quilts for the two beds in there and a couple of wall hangings. Then, they will have to surgically remove that grin from my face.

Happy Quilting,
Helen in HOT, HOT Texas
Old 06-22-2009, 01:13 PM

Andrea, that room is so nice. You have certainly utilized every inch of space in that room. Isn't it great to be in your own home and do what you want? And to have Mum right down stairs - would love to be near my daughters!

We are moving sometime soon and I too will have a dedicated sewing studio and can't wait!

Diet coke wouldn't look too bad in the wine glass either, would it?
Old 06-22-2009, 01:19 PM

Originally Posted by hereca622
WOOOOHOOOOO!!! Congrats on your wonderful sewing room. Doesn't it feel good to be organized? I bet that you go in there and just stand and smile. My guest room was the last room to finish after I moved. It only took 3 years to get the last boxes out of there. I go in there three or four times a week and just look and feel good. My next goal is to make quilts for the two beds in there and a couple of wall hangings. Then, they will have to surgically remove that grin from my face.

Happy Quilting,
Helen in HOT, HOT Texas
When my sewing room was "new," (when the girls left the nest and I moved into their room) I did that. Would go in and sit on the daybed and just enjoy the "view.' Well, as things began to accumulate (more sewing machines, more fabric, etc.), we eventually moved the daybed out and into the boy's room (when he left the nest). Now I can still sit and enjoy the view because the daybed is now in the computer room. That room is still pretty well organized. BUT -- the sewing room/craft center/scrapping/etc. room is another story...... :lol: Ce la vie.
Old 06-22-2009, 03:17 PM

It looks great...everything so neat and clean......you did a great job decorating.....your dog looks very comfortable and pleased :D
Old 06-22-2009, 03:23 PM

i LOVE THE SEWING SPACE BUT I DONT SEE A OOOPS CAPSLOCK SORRY, well i was meaning to say i dont see the dogs quilts,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Old 06-22-2009, 05:21 PM

Originally Posted by Mamagus
That's wonderful Andrea! So happy that you've finally have your space!
Can we have one more overall shot of the room... say from the staircase looking into the room?

I think that shot is there already Mamagus!!! If it isn't I'll see about getting that photo up and going. In the meantime I do have all my photos on my blog at www.comfortcovedesigns.blogspot.com

tonight I cut out some little projects I want to get started on. it's nice to play there and I have lots of plans for more things for the walls too!!! LOL
Old 06-22-2009, 05:21 PM

Originally Posted by barnbum
Aggi--it's awesome!! What a cozy place!! Great stash. My favorite piece is the cabin wall hanging. Looks hard--I bet it's paper pieced. :D

Wishing you many creative hours in there.
Yes it is paper pieced!
Old 06-22-2009, 05:23 PM

Originally Posted by sunnyhope
i LOVE THE SEWING SPACE BUT I DONT SEE A OOOPS CAPSLOCK SORRY, well i was meaning to say i dont see the dogs quilts,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Alexi is still new to us as we adopted her from the SPCA about 6 weeks ago. I have every intentions of making a quilt of her very own!
Old 06-22-2009, 05:24 PM

Originally Posted by beachlady
Andrea, that room is so nice. You have certainly utilized every inch of space in that room. Isn't it great to be in your own home and do what you want? And to have Mum right down stairs - would love to be near my daughters!

We are moving sometime soon and I too will have a dedicated sewing studio and can't wait!

Diet coke wouldn't look too bad in the wine glass either, would it?
If you came to sew in my room I'll be sure to have Diet Coke for you! :)
Old 06-22-2009, 06:03 PM

AWESOME!
But, I see one problem....it's too neat!
I'm thinking I need to come and help you make it looked "lived in" lol

And look at Alexi...too cute!