Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
AS PROMISED!!! PHOTOS OF MY SEWING ROOM!!!! >

AS PROMISED!!! PHOTOS OF MY SEWING ROOM!!!!

AS PROMISED!!! PHOTOS OF MY SEWING ROOM!!!!

Old 06-23-2009, 03:32 AM

Originally Posted by tlrnhi
AWESOME!
But, I see one problem....it's too neat!
I'm thinking I need to come and help you make it looked "lived in" lol

And look at Alexi...too cute!
Come on over!!!!

I started up a couple new projects last night, although I probably won't get to play with them til the weekend as I have housework tonight, Mum and I are going to Cirque du Soleil Wednesday night, Thursday I have my work social club surf and turf bbq, then back that evening to meet up with our Thursday sewing group just to have tea and dessert, then that takes us to Friday again!! whew!!! now that the room is set up, I now have to find the time to actually SEW!!! LOL!! I have big plans for my room and the ideas are swimming around. It's a shame I have to work in the day time! :(

Yes Alexi is a big sook! She has to be on your lap all the time or cuddling in bed between Trevor and I. She loves to sleep under the covers. She will be a good bed warmer when the winter gets here again! LOL
Old 06-23-2009, 04:48 AM

I just keep coming back to look at your great room to see if I've over-looked anything and to see which of your ideas I can use. One thing I am wondering about is where do you place your pieces to design your quilts? I don't have the space for a design wall (unless I would hang it from the ceiling in front of the closet wall). What I usually do is place a sheet over the bed and lay all of my pieces on that. Then when it's time to use the bed, I roll the pieces up in the sheet.
Old 06-23-2009, 05:05 AM
Banned

wow! thanks for the tour. only one problem that i see.. its too clean. i think we all need to play at your house. :D looks great hun. so comfy
Old 06-23-2009, 06:16 AM

Originally Posted by GailG
I just keep coming back to look at your great room to see if I've over-looked anything and to see which of your ideas I can use. One thing I am wondering about is where do you place your pieces to design your quilts? I don't have the space for a design wall (unless I would hang it from the ceiling in front of the closet wall). What I usually do is place a sheet over the bed and lay all of my pieces on that. Then when it's time to use the bed, I roll the pieces up in the sheet.
I plan to buy a piece of art canvas at Michaels and then stretch a piece of flannel over it. The one place I have picked out to put it is over the two doors that houses my electrical box panel. I can then hang it over those ugly doors and then when I need to get to the panel I can just unhook it from the doors and put it back again. I am going to head to Michaels perhaps this weekend to price the canvas. Once I put it together I will post a photo of where I will put it.

Another idea you can do for your design wall is to find a long tube at your local fabric store they use for rolling fabrics and to roll your design wall in that. Then you can store it in a corner and can take it with you anywhere and all your pieces will stay in place :) hmm just reread your message, you do that now!! LOL sigh... I'm at work so my mind is in a zillion different directions... but hey I still need my dose of this forum even here at work throughout the day!!! LOL

Actually the electrical panel is on the ride hand side of the Grapevine wreath. That WH is almost in the corner of that wall, so the wall you don't see is where I'll be putting the design wall.

I'm so glad you enjoy looking at my space! I'm loving every minute of being in there now and yes I am willing to share my ideas with anyone here in the room! I'm always seeing ideas from other people's sewing rooms that I want to put into mine! I still have plans for that big storage shelf by my sewing machine, but in time. Right now it is still to messy to me! I need organization in my life LOL. I love looking at organization books! I have a book specifically for sewing rooms! I'll take a look through the book tonight to see if I can see any other ideas about design walls!

Cheers!
Andrea
Old 06-23-2009, 06:17 AM

Originally Posted by Bevanger
wow! thanks for the tour. only one problem that i see.. its too clean. i think we all need to play at your house. :D looks great hun. so comfy
If I'm not organized, I'm a MESS!!!! Don't you worry though, there will be messes in that room as I go, but I always clean up before I'm done for the day or evening!! :)
Old 06-23-2009, 11:31 AM

Thanks so much for the detailed reply. Actually I think the fabric roll would do well, because with the sheet it actually is just folded up and stashed away. The roll would prevent so much wrinkling. Great idea, thanks. I like your idea of canvas yardage. Have never really looked for that, so I don't know the width of the piece. I was just thinking about getting a good quality flannel-backed vinyl tablecloth. I have a cheapo one right not and it really doesn't work. Someone on the board recommended getting a higher end in quality because they worked better. Oooh, I've got 'freesONs" just thinking about how much I am learning from all of you great people. (FreesONs is a Cajun French term for "goosebumps" or gooseflesh. It's meaning more or less connotates that chilly feeling. It really loses something in the interpretation.
Old 06-23-2009, 11:32 AM
k3n
Power Poster

hey Gail - that's French French as well only they write 'frisson'!
Old 06-23-2009, 02:28 PM

It looks great. From the looks of the items hanging on the walls you got plenty accomplished even without your new sewing room.
Old 06-23-2009, 04:39 PM

Originally Posted by k3n
hey Gail - that's French French as well only they write 'frisson'!
:lol: I don't know too much of the French spelling. I usually spell it as it sounds. Thanks. Now I can say that I was taught by someone from France. :lol: :wink:
Old 06-23-2009, 05:23 PM

Nice sewing room. My kind of girl. Glass of wine on the sewing cabinet.