Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Quilt Guild Show >

Quilt Guild Show

Quilt Guild Show

Old 05-03-2009, 11:40 PM

Thanks everyone glad you are enjoying the eye candy....:-)

No I do not have a quilt in here....as some has stated it sure is great work and I don't think my work comes close to what is there....:-(

Plus I don't belong to the quild......:-(......I had at one time but kept forgetting when the meetings were.

So I only went one time.....didn't know any one that goes...would be nice if I did know someone.....

Oh well is that the millionth reason why....sure got the excuses....huh.....:-)......

Any way enjoy......:-)
Old 05-03-2009, 11:49 PM

My eyes are so happy right now!
Old 05-04-2009, 01:42 AM
k3n
Power Poster

Thanks for taking the time to share Cathie - what a fabulous show! I loved the Baltimore Album IF I had to pick a favourite.

K x
Old 05-04-2009, 11:15 AM

So many beauties...I like the vine quilt and the one with the cats hiding :D Thank you for posting
Old 05-04-2009, 02:14 PM
Power Poster

Hi gcathie,
Thanks so much for sharing your pictures of the guild quilt show. I enjoyed them very much. The one that makes me smile is the one of the man looking very intently at one of the quilts. It looks as though he really is interested. LoL! That wasn't your hubby was it?
I too liked the sleeping cats and the baltimore album quilts. Although there were so many that were awesome ... Like that Ice blue and white one Wow what beautiful work.

I have tried to set a quilt top together today. I honestly seamed seven block sets together wrong and had to take them out. I sometimes really have bad abstract reasoning. I had to quit before I ran screaming down the street. Yikes ... that putsme in into such a bad mood. Tee hee .... oh well.

I think our guild has thier show in july. I will take pics and show ours. I don't belong now either for the same reason you don't. Can't remember to go! LoL. There is a Sew Club at one of the quilting fabric stores I think I might visit to see if I enjoy the venue. It is tomarrow.
Old 05-05-2009, 08:29 AM

[quote=RedGarnet222]Hi gcathie,
Thanks so much for sharing your pictures of the guild quilt show. I enjoyed them very much. The one that makes me smile is the one of the man looking very intently at one of the quilts. It looks as though he really is interested. LoL! That wasn't your hubby was it?
I too liked the sleeping cats and the baltimore album quilts. Although there were so many that were awesome ... Like that Ice blue and white one Wow what beautiful work.

I have tried to set a quilt top together today. I honestly seamed seven block sets together wrong and had to take them out. I sometimes really have bad abstract reasoning. I had to quit before I ran screaming down the street. Yikes ... that putsme in into such a bad mood. qTee hee .... oh well.

I think our guild has thier show in july. I will take pics and show ours. I don't belong now either for the same reason you don't. Can't remember to go! LoL. There is a Sew Club at one of the quilting fabric stores I think I might visit to see if I enjoy the venue. It is tomarrow.[/uote]

:-) That man was my DH.....he was admireing the stiches.....and just think I had to beg him to go......Well he enjoyed it as much as I did....:-)
Old 05-05-2009, 08:49 AM
Power Poster

:oops: Oh ... I thought that he might be your hubby. Somewhere in the back of my mind I remembered all those keys from another picture. LOL!

My hubby wouldn't step foot into a quilt show! He draws the line at being around so many women. Ha ha ha ha ha .... I think he would be bored silly. He doesn't know what a quilting stitch is supposed to look like.
Old 05-06-2009, 04:36 AM

The quilters in your guild design beautiful quilts. Couldn't begin to pick a favorite.
Old 05-06-2009, 04:58 AM

Location: My favorite place in the world is Lake Erie Region USA

wow !! eye candy !! Our generation has put a stamp on the quilt styles. I see old with new twists !

Thanks so much for sharing !!!

Ell
Old 05-06-2009, 05:07 AM

Thank you for this post. Very inspirational. Ideas are flashing!!!!