Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Quilt I needed help on...Thanks Amma!

Awesome! :thumbup:

Blog Entries
    Love all the fabrics - and the whirlygig stars. Beautiful patriotic top! The rust fabric in the border is REALLY a nice touch.

Does anyone have a link to the directions on this one? I saw it yesterday and meant to bookmark it. I guess I didn't.

Thanks!

this originated with amma.

so, we all have to chase her down and threaten to take away her stash if she doesn't post the directions again. have you noticed that she's had nothing to say on this topic?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Quilting G
    Does anyone have a link to the directions on this one? I saw it yesterday and meant to bookmark it. I guess I didn't.

Thanks!
    Amma had to rework it as the file was too large . She has promised to repost as soon as she made the file smaller :lol:
    Sharon

Thanks Sharon B!!!\
    I know I saw the original post and now I can't find it. Was it removed??

yes, but no one knows why.

that's why terri didn't get it all.

LOVE IT. GREAT FABRIC.

Blog Entries
    well terri you did a great job ,and it looks like someone eles agree,s with us

Quote Originally Posted by butterflywing
    yes, but no one knows why.

that's why terri didn't get it all.
    It's not that I didn't get the entire pattern. I only printed out what I needed

Quote Originally Posted by zyxquilts
    It's MAH-velous Terri!! What a speed demon you are.
    I like the idea of another rust border with blue binding.
    Congrats on another job well done!!!
    :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
    Yep, I agree!!! Love it!! It's to beautiful for words.
    Hugs,
    Sharon

Blog Entries
    Wow Terri...I guess I missed all the planning of this one and the discussion, but it appears you are a speed demon. You usually are, so thats not surprizing. The quilt is really unique and I love how it turned out! I'm assuming its for Bill's CO...I know they will love it! Did you add the other borders? I think they will look great!

Banned
    fantastic quilt. :D

Ok, the quilt is done and was recieved with great enthusiasm.
    I didn't get any pictures of the recieving of the quilt, but there were smiles abound!

The guys couldn't believe that I did it so fast. Yes, they changed the time on me again and wanted it delivered TODAY! Needless to say, an hour before we were leaving, I sewed the label on it.

The rolling hills went MUCH better! Don't you agree??
    Name:  Attachment-44215.jpe
Views: 11
Size:  73.1 KB

Yes, Monique had to inspect it. UGH! I had just mopped the floor because the quilt had just come out of the dryer.
    Name:  Attachment-44216.jpe
Views: 8
Size:  60.6 KB

My signature I always put on quilts that I make when I sell them.
    Name:  Attachment-44217.jpe
Views: 6
Size:  69.6 KB

It turned out just gorgeous!
    Love the rolling hills, love the pattern (Amma? ), and your label is exquisite!
    Good job, Terri

Thanks Omak!
    The "oohs and ahhs" were alot!
    People touching and just admiring it.
    One lady asked me how I got the patches inside the other patches. lol
    That's a question I have heard asked all the time. When you explain to them that it's just straight sewing, then they raise the eyebrow. Then by showing them, they understand.
    I might have a couple others that I might be asked to make, but will make sure the deadline is not 4 days away!
    One lady asked where I got the backing fabric. I told her and then said...sorry, I bought all of it and there is no more. She wasn't happy with that answer. Oh well........

Grand that everyone was impressed - - as well they should be!
    Bummer that someone had to find something to be unhappy about! (but, I am glad that you bought all you found, because that was some grand fabric!) I am learning to do the same thing ... if I like it, it is gone ... but, I am going to quit shopping - - soon .
    Would it be rude if I asked you how big each square was in the pattern? Just the white part you showed ... don't want much do I?
    Are you going to be doing the mini mystery?

I like! You can't go wrong with red, white & blue! Very cute fabrics!

I think Amma said the blocks were to come out 15 1/2 x 15 1/2, but mine are 15 inches.
    I then put the first border on that measures an inch finished.
    The 2d border is 3 1/2 inches finished and the last border I cut at 6 inches.
    The blocks are the 2 pieces of fabric (2 of each color), put together and then you make 4 of those to make ONE big block. Confused yet?

The lady wasn't really all that mad. She just liked the rolling hills fabric as much as I did. lol
    I have learned that when I find fabric I REALLY, REALLY like, I buy all of it because if I don't, it's never there when I go back.

Harmony, Jane (CO's wife) LOVES Americana. I just thought that this was great fabric and not "over the top" Americana like you see with the flag fabric and all. I'll tell you...it was hard to give that quilt up!

okay I am going to have to wait for Amma's tutorial, cuz I was getting a 4x4 block ... so I am probably dividing the block down too small - - must have something to do with my control issues or something . If I happen to think of it tomorrow, I will take a picture of my "drawing" and upload it just to show you how I interpreted what I was seeing .
    OH, I am glad she wasn't really miserable. It really was a compliment then, that she wanted to buy some of it, too! that's good
    Isn't it interesting how passing certain quilts are hard to do? I have only had one that impacted me like that ... I bought fabric to duplicate it, but I will probably never make it. Just saw it in another setting and liked that too! LOL
    ahhh, such is quilting life, I guess.

Yes, sometimes trying to figure it all out, gets confusing.

Yes, she wanted some to make some cushions or something she said. I told her to go to Ben Franklins and look around, she might find something else she likes. I think she's new to the island, so she didn't know where to get fabric. She knew about one place that is expensive and sells mainly Hawaiian prints, but not about BF.

Quote Originally Posted by tlrnhi
    Yes, sometimes trying to figure it all out, gets confusing.

Yes, she wanted some to make some cushions or something she said. I told her to go to Ben Franklins and look around, she might find something else she likes. I think she's new to the island, so she didn't know where to get fabric. She knew about one place that is expensive and sells mainly Hawaiian prints, but not about BF.
    Get this! When I saw that fabric, my FIRST thought was "That looks like fabric Ben Franklin would carry!" ... and, lo and behold.
    I have found some pretty amazing Americana fabric at that store. Unfortunately, I don't go east often enough to get to see it often enough.
    I am almost betting that your fabric is designed by the same person/company that designed my last favorite patriotic fabric - - showed kids saluting the flag and in little panels doing different patriotic sayings. Know what you mean about fabric that too closely resembles our flag ... many veterans and soldiers won't use them out of respect if there is too much FLAG ...
    Red, white, and blue is one thing ... FLAG ... that is different.

This is what it says on the salvege..
    Leslie Beck for VIP by Cranston
    So, it's Cranston Village.........

and of course,,,,,cannot find it online

I do not recall the name of the designer, but yes ... Cranston was the producer (?) ... interesting what things one remembers .
    I'm sure I never saw that fabric, but if I ever run across what I bought earlier, I will upload the sample and show you why it reminded me of that fabric ... it has to do with the shading of colors ... some things always have a distinct feel ... so interesting.

I love some of Cranston's fabrics. Especially the florals

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast