Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Quilt in Miniature >

Quilt in Miniature

Quilt in Miniature

Old 08-03-2019, 11:12 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Billy'swife View Post
Both of your miniatures are sweet and adorable! You did an awesome job!
What she said. BrendaK
Old 08-04-2019, 03:40 AM

Love mini quilts!Actually I've scaled down a number of quilts to make them minis! They are actually harder to make, or perhaps my fingers are too big!
Old 08-04-2019, 08:30 PM
Power Poster

Your quilts are too precious. Love yo-yo's.
Old 08-04-2019, 10:44 PM

A1penny, that's exactly what I've been trying to do! Use the "real life" sized quilt patterns and break them down to the 1:12 scale I typically work in for miniatures. I've been in the midst of finishing up a dollhouse for my niece, but have been browsing through an older Better Homes and Gardens Quilt book... my only problem is that I think the next one I attempt is going to be a combination of two patterns I can't quite make my mind up about, thus probably making more work for myself! lol
Old 09-30-2019, 09:08 PM

It's been a while since I've uploaded any pictures, but I wanted to share what I've managed to cull out time to do lately. I've got an apparent addiction to Christmas/Winter themed fabrics... I discovered this while trying to re-organize. Anyways, had a couple of requests to make up some Christmas themed cheater quilts, and didn't have any fabric to do that with until recently. Decided I was going to attempt some new to me options like a mini Jelly Roll type quilt, as well as mitered corners and the like. I thought my practice could easily become the back on some of these "cheater" quilt options and still allow me room to learn. Actually funny, b/c the gal that wanted me to make her a "cheater" Christmas quilt liked the back "practice" bit better. lol

[ATTACH=CONFIG]617994[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]617995[/ATTACH]

The snowman panel on the front I quilted for the first time using an actual batting to give the blocks more poof, and then there's the back that was rather sad-looking initially to me, but I did enjoy being able to learn the how-to's of a basic jelly roll style quilt piecing in miniature.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]617996[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]617997[/ATTACH]

While I wouldn't typically look at using the "Ho!" fabric as a cheater quilt fabric in 1:12(the blocks measure at 1.25"), I wanted to give my friend some options and these were the only "cheater" type fabrics I could find for mini-usage. As it was she fell in love with the teddy bear practice bit on the back of that one, so while the mitered corners weren't perfect she didn't have a complaint which made me happy all around!
Attached Thumbnails christmas-cheater-front-2-qb.jpg   christmas-cheater-back-1-qb.jpg   ho-ho-cheater-front-1-qb.jpg   ho-ho-cheater-back-2-qb.jpg  
Old 10-01-2019, 02:35 AM
Power Poster

nicely done