Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Quilt for my DIL

That is gorgeous Jan. Be prepared for tears though. You know it's going to make her cry (good tears though).

Quote Originally Posted by key4unc
    That is gorgeous Jan. Be prepared for tears though. You know it's going to make her cry (good tears though).
    Don't say that, because that will make me cry too

Very nice. :D

I love this quilt. It is so soothing. What a nice jester, I hope that she treasures it always.

What a wonderful gift - it is beautiful!

Thank you both

Beautiful quilt, horrible disease!!!

Thanks, yes it is and I hope we can find a cure soon.

very nice she'll love it

That is a beautiful quilt and I know it will be very special to her.

I want all members of this board to know about the "Army of Women" which was started by Dr. Susan Love. She is trying to requit women so that we can not only cure breast cancer, but find the cause or causes. I joined about a year ago. They will send you emails about various studies that are going on across the nation. I joined the sister study as my sister is completing her treatment for breast cancer. You can then decide if you meet the requirements and want to enlist in the study or you can choose not to. There have been several I could have joined and would have liked to other than the Sister Study but don't live in the area required.

I am encouraging all of you that do not belong to join. There is no fee or any other problems with this organization. We are having a drive to get more women to join. Here is what you can do;;;
    Go to the armyofwomen.org to sign up, make sure you pick from the referral field "Vespa Contest". You then must enter my email address in the corresponding field. It is [email protected] This is the only way for us to keep track of how many women you are recruiting.
    Thank you in advance for helping win against breast cancer
    Judy

[quote=quiltngal]That is a beautiful quilt and I know it will be very special to her.

I want all members of this board to know about the "Army of Women" which was started by Dr. Susan Love. She is trying to requit women so that we can not only cure breast cancer, but find the cause or causes. I joined about a year ago. They will send you emails about various studies that are going on across the nation. I joined the sister study as my sister is completing her treatment for breast cancer. You can then decide if you meet the requirements and want to enlist in the study or you can choose not to. There have been several I could have joined and would have liked to other than the Sister Study but don't live in the area required.

I am encouraging all of you that do not belong to join. There is no fee or any other problems with this organization. We are having a drive to get more women to join. Here is what you can do;;;
    Go to the armyofwomen.org to sign up, make sure you pick from the referral field "Vespa Contest". You then must enter my email address in the corresponding field. It is [email protected] This is the only way for us to keep track of how many women you are recruiting.
    Thank you in advance for helping win against breast cancer
    Judy
    I don't want to stop anyone else from joining, but I did join and had a bad experience with a rude interviewer, so I quit. It was a 10 year study

Blog Entries
    Wow!!!! What a very Spicial gift. It's Beautiful and she is going to love it.

Stunning :!:

This is a very nice quilt. I just know she is going to love using it. Very pretty, janw!

I have goosebumps from head to toe and a tear or two also. What an honor and a gift you are giving. Bless you.

Thanks all
    I'm nearly finished with the binding and will post so you can all see the beautiful work by the longarm quilter, it's amazing how the thread and pattern further enhances the quilt.
    Jan

It's completed and the quilting is so beautiful I wanted you all to see. The LAQ had a sunflower pattern that was just the right choice and I used 2 fabrics from the quilt for the binding. The label turned out great too, but forgot to take a pic so will have to do that later.
    Attached Images Attached Images

one more

this is so precious - it is sure to bring a tear to her eye but a smile on her face too. nice gift.

Izy
    How thoughtful you are, sorry to hear about her Mom. :(

The quilt is beautiful, I love how you wrapped the pink ribbon around the sunflower :D

Thank you both

Jan, that is great. I love the colors, and she is going to love that pink ribbon with the sunflower. That is such a special center.
    My hubby lost his brother last year, and one of my brothers overcame, so, this will be very much loved. hugs, mousie :D

Thanks, I can't wait to give it to her and I have a beautiful box to put it in.

Originally from NY, now retired in Argentina. Miss the USA!!! :-(
    I am so sorry for your DIL's loss. What a nice gift for her BD. Such a pretty design, very sunny and cheerful looking. I am sure she will love it and the significance of it.
    The label is beautiful and the box is perfect.

Absolutely beatiful....a moving quilts, condolences to your DIL, but remembers...she has you too.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast