Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Quilt show photos all loaded now, for your viewing pleasure. Enjoy!

Blog Entries
    Thank you so much for taking these for us! It's a sign of true friendship when you hop back in the car to go snap pictures , knowing you're gonna have to resist the fabrics a second time! :D Good idea to leave the purse behind!

Oh Karla, thank you sooooo much for taking me to the quilt show!!! Beautiful quilts, i just love them! :) :) :)

Enjoyed the 2nd half of the show just as much as the first half. Our Maine quilt show is the end of July and am looking forward to going.

They are all georgous & lovely to see such beautiful work, thank you for posting these wonderful images. There are some talented people out there.

The Tree of Life is just what I have been looking for as I have been unable to find a Topairy Tree PP. Could you tell me where I could get the pattern please.

Many thanks again, Tisha.

Blog Entries
    Tisha--the Tree of Life can be found in the books titled big-Block Quilts by Magic, by Nancy Johnson-Srebro.

It was great fun to make!! :D

Thank you for posting the beautiful quilts. It was a joy looking at all of them. It was certainly a treat.

Those are absolutley gorgeous!
    Ok, there were maybe 1 or 2 that were just OK in my book, but they are all really nice!
    Thanks for posting them Karla!
    You did good!! :)

What a talented group of quilters! They were all spectacular. Thanks for the treat Karla! Eye candy city!

:D :D :D Awesome!!! Thanks for sharing,and taking the photos! I am blown away!

judee

Thanks for the quilt show Karla! You did a spectacular job with all the photos, and a great job of self-control as well :wink:

Thanks for sharing those beautiful quilts. What an absolute treat.

Thought some were totally amazing. the one you said won a lot of prizes I had to take a second look and it was just so perfectly squared up and the points were great.

Great Elle

Thank you for taking all those pictures and posting them for us. It's wonderful we can photograph these treasures. I have a folder on my computer that's dedicated to photographs of quilts like these.

I love to just look at them and admire them. It's not like I can actually make any of these myself. Some of these are way beyond my ability.

Thank you for taking the pictures. I enjoyed the show. Now, about your self-control...... You take the real prize :--)

I bought a jelly roll of 40 different Civil War reproduction prints about two weeks ago and finished a large tote bag this weekend. I did justify my purchase -- to myself -- and used something from the stash for lining. The second tote I just finished is made from stash --- orphan blocks. I have so much fabric that I am always finding a treasure in my own home!

Piecefully yours,
    Kay Susan

Excellent quilts....thanks for going back to take these pictures. Love seeing others work.

Thanks for the pics. I love to look at other's work, so inspiring!

That is so nice of you to post all those pictures. I totally enjoyed looking at them several times and even downloaded some for myself. That looks like it was a really nice quilt show. There is some awesome work done. Didn't you have any to enter???? I bet you would have gotten a ribbon.
    I went to a really nice quilt show (my first) in Henderson, Nv last year and then I went to a quilt show in Pahrump, Nv. I didn't realize there could be such a difference. You have to know that Pahump is a small town about 80 miles from LV and they may not have a full set of teeth between them all. Well, that's what they say. However, the town is really growing. Thanks again for the show and tell and your sweet wonderful comments about my quilting. By the way, why is that quilter your ex quilter? She has to be crazy to do 20 quilts to have one put together for herself. Maybe she's suffering from quilter's burn out, lol.

W O W!!!! I am so imporessed! These are stunning! Thanks for posting--stuff like this helps keep the creative fires burning!

WOW!!!! All are gorgeous!

Thank you for taking the time to go back with your camera for us!

Karla, thanks for the quilt show. The time you took to go back and take the pictures, then post them all was well worth the effort. I enjoyed it thoroughly.

Blog Entries
    Jackie--I told Jill--my former quilter--that if they needed quilts for a show, I'd certainly help out. But, from what I hear, when a guild puts on a show, they only want their member's work there, which is understandable. I don't understnad the whole guild thing yet. I can't fit in meetings so I'll not join one until I retire--or ever--Im not a meeting kind of person, even if quilts is the topic. :wink:

Jill is my former quilter because she stopped quilting for others. :( Just when I called her about the barn quilt, she discovered it was working her long arm that hurt her back, plus she had the 20 tops to finish for her friend. She had said she'd always keep doing mine een when she stopped, but.... she was overwhelmed with work. So.... she recommended my new quilter, and I'm happy with her work. Their shop doesn't have near the selection Jill has as far as patterns go, but they have enough to choose from for now. They'll be getting more. Dianne says her favorite one to do so far has been my barn quilt. :-)

Wow!! Wish I could have went with you!! What a treat!!!

:roll: Ohhh my gosh...what a show!! Thank you for taking the time to share it with all of us!!! Your so nice and thoughtful to do such a thing...Karla if your not into Guilds..do you have a local fabric store that offers classes??? I started out there and believe it or not... but all these ladies are just like the people here....they are very nice and helpful...and you would enjoy going to some classes....I learn so much and sometimes I know something they don't .... :lol: It is something I do just for me...we all need to do that!! Once you do it once you may find you like it ... God Bless Ya..

WOW!!! A Quilt show right here at my desk! Wonderful talented people!
    Thanks for sharing.

Lynne

PS I need time to do the quilts I have plans for. Any one else?

Karla, thanks for caring enough for your family to go again just so we could go with you!. Especially since you forgot us the first time! LOL

Blog Entries
    Thank you so much for sharing---great photos!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast