Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Quilt for son for his deployment

Power Poster
    Blog Entries
    Just knowing his mother made itfor him will keep him warm. Please extend our gratitude for hisservice and that of his family. Tearing up as I type this. Prayers from the Gulf.

Very handsome quilt. I pray every night for our service people and their families. I want them all to come home safely and soon.

Nice quilt and I'm sure it will keep your son warm. Tell him thank you for his service. My husband and son were both the military so I know what you are feeling right now.
    Pat in MN

Please thank your son and his family for their service!!!! I will pray for them all.

Blog Entries
    what a great idea... a quilt from home

What a beautiful quilt! It will keep him safe and he will feel the love as it surrounds him. Please tell him thank you from me. I cant stop crying while I write this because of what these young people do for ALL of us. I will keep him and the others in my prayers God Bless
    No matter what life throws you just remember that it could ALWAYS be worse....

Prayers for all of your family! Great looking quilt.

Power Poster
    Thanks everyone for your kind words and prayers. Very proud of him! Will probably read these over and over while he is gone for a year.

What a beautiful quilt. You've got a huge heart to make this for him to take on his deployment. I know that it will mean a lot to him every time he wraps it around him. Such a beautiful gesture for him to pass his first quilt to a much needier person. My heart and prayers go out to your son and family and to you, too. God bless all that sacrifice their lives away from family and friends to provide a much safer place for everybody here.
    There is a very fine line between hobby and mental illness. - Dave Barry

I just made myself a "sticky note" to pray for Andy, Christy, Gavin and Julia.
    Ruth

Blog Entries
    This is really nice. I know he will appreciate the warmth of it while he is gone. Prayers always for all of our men and women who serve us so bravely. From a military mom. I guess someone will be lucky and receive this one too. You are a very special mom.

Blog Entries
    will keep your son and his family in my thoughts. Please thank them for their service for me!!!
    If you see someone without a smile, give them one of yours!

Your quilt is beautiful. May God protect him physically, spiritually, and emotionally as he is in harm's way. I pray also, that God would give you peace during the uncertain months ahead. Speaking as the mother of a career soldier who has been deployed six times, I know the struggles you too will face in his absence. My heartfelt thanks to him for his service to our country.
    (`v)
    `*..*
    ..*) .*
    (. (.* ♫ Suzee ♫

dms
    It is certainly a lovely quilt, but more than that he's taking with him all of your prayers and each stitch so lovingly put into it. I'll pray for his safe return along with all those whose hearts go out to you and you family.

He will think of you every time he covers up. Bless him on his deployment.
    Wayne & Gabriele, the married quilters.

Your quilt is very pretty and so glad the red did not run! Many prayers for your son, his family and you. I know the fears you have since we also have been through these hard times. Our son retired almost 2 years ago after 20 years in Air Force with 4 deployments to the mid east. We are thankful everyday for his safe return. I pray you son will also return home safely. God Bless you all.
    Ruth

Sew many projects, sew little time..........

Oh, Peg, my friend, my heart is with you as you go through this. Thanks Andy and his family and our special thanks to for your sacrifice for our freedom. We will be praying for your family and for Andy. Hugs

Prayers for a safe and speedy return

Beautiful quilt. Praying for safety and blessings on you ALL.

That's really nice it has a warm feeing. Please thank your son for his service. May Gods Blessings go with him.

I pray that your son returns healthy and happy from his tour. Please give him my thanks for his service.

Beautifull! My favorite color is red. Thank your son for his service to keep us free. Will pray for his safe return.

Quilting, crocheting, sewing and crafting in my Sewing Room...Peaceful and wonderful !!
    I wholeheartedly agree with Elfie ... God Bless
    When Life brings big winds of change that almost blows you over.Hang on tight and Believe.
    Words and hearts should be handled with care-for words when spoken and hearts when broken are the hardest things to repair. Author unknown to me
    Do what you feel in your heart to be right; for you'll be criticized anyway-Eleanor Roosevelt

Like your quilt, thank your son for his service to our country, the quilt is great. My grand son took his jean quilt I'dd made for him several years ago. It's a piece of home they have along with warmth. I also shipped him wool caps,socks, gloves and blankets while he was in Afghanistan. His troop came home this week, not sure if he will have to go back or not, my heart and prayers go out to each of them on foreign soil, God bless be strong..
    Freedom to speak is a gift ;please don't take it from us..

VERY nice. Will keep your son in my prayers. I know what you are going thru. My nephew (who is like our son) has been deployed 3 times so far. He was one of the soliders who parachuted into Iraq on day 1. He's been there twice and afghanstain once. HOPE there will be no more deployments for him.
    Yes it is cold in the weather. My nephew asked for a scraf. I started a campaign and asked people to make or buy scarves and send to me or ro any solider deployed. When i heard from him I was so shocked. he said there was so many scraves showing up everyone was wearing them LOL!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast