Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Quilted bibs for Avery >

Quilted bibs for Avery

Quilted bibs for Avery

Old 12-12-2023, 10:06 AM

Default Quilted bibs for Avery

It’s hard to believe Avery will be 18 on New Year’s Eve! She is my special needs granddaughter that unfortunately has needs for these bibs. She gets these in her stocking, while other kids get the usual candies and small gifts. Although she can’t see, her mom, my daughter, will be surprised to see an Elvis bib! Avery loves music and especially Elvis, but then again who doesn’t!-lol i grid quilted the red with my walking foot following the lines of the fabric design. The others just free motion stipple on my regular sewing machine. Not my best quilting for sure. I back these with something that is called Baby Dry. I used to find this when Hancock’s Fabrics stores were open. Haven’t found any since but when I knew their stores were closing I went near and far to all their stores buying what they had. I also use it to back bed pads for her. Some people thought I meant PUL fabric but it is not the same and doesn’t hold up as well. However, I did use PUL once, to make her a fleece lined wheelchair poncho. Anyway, here are her this years bibs. Merry Christmas quilters!
Attached Thumbnails img_0862.jpeg  
Old 12-12-2023, 10:47 AM

very nice bibs
Old 12-12-2023, 11:20 AM

those are adorable. She will look so good in them!!! very hip. or do they say that anymore? probably not...
Old 12-12-2023, 11:55 AM
Power Poster

Very cute!
Old 12-12-2023, 12:24 PM

Once again a very thoughtful and cute item from under your sewing machine needle. A friend of mine has a grandson who is about 19 now and very autistic. I never once thought about making him bibs. Thank you for putting this idea in my head! Can you tell me the length of the ones you made?
Old 12-12-2023, 12:51 PM

How stylish she will be in her handmade and thoughtful bibs from grandma!
Old 12-12-2023, 02:50 PM

Very cute! Nice work!
Old 12-12-2023, 03:00 PM

Beautiful bibs for your beautiful grand!
Old 12-13-2023, 08:08 AM

Nice bibs, I love how colorful they are. They will be used a lot and cherished.
Old 02-08-2024, 05:50 AM

Default Bibs

Originally Posted by toogie View Post
It’s hard to believe Avery will be 18 on New Year’s Eve! She is my special needs granddaughter that unfortunately has needs for these bibs. She gets these in her stocking, while other kids get the usual candies and small gifts. Although she can’t see, her mom, my daughter, will be surprised to see an Elvis bib! Avery loves music and especially Elvis, but then again who doesn’t!-lol i grid quilted the red with my walking foot following the lines of the fabric design. The others just free motion stipple on my regular sewing machine. Not my best quilting for sure. I back these with something that is called Baby Dry. I used to find this when Hancock’s Fabrics stores were open. Haven’t found any since but when I knew their stores were closing I went near and far to all their stores buying what they had. I also use it to back bed pads for her. Some people thought I meant PUL fabric but it is not the same and doesn’t hold up as well. However, I did use PUL once, to make her a fleece lined wheelchair poncho. Anyway, here are her this years bibs. Merry Christmas quilters!
She is very blessed to have you as her Grandmother. They are beautiful.