Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Quilter's Life in Scraps >

Quilter's Life in Scraps

Quilter's Life in Scraps

Old 10-25-2009, 06:14 AM

ahhh, the bunkhouse/pioneer/French braid ... it would fit into this old bunkhouse GRAND!
Now, tell the truth!
When you got done with your stashbusting project - - you had more scraps than you started with, right???
I am doing research on the phenomenon - - scraps contained in one tub, once opened for a project, has enlarged!
It is true???? <G>
Old 10-25-2009, 08:48 AM

Originally Posted by alaskasunshine
BEAUTIFUL...& WONDERFUL! it looks so cozy and warm...wanna share with us way up here in chilly ALASKA???LOL I love your pattern, did you design it?
No, I didn't design it. I got the idea from www.quiltville.com. :-)
Old 10-26-2009, 03:50 PM

Love it. I envy you for being able to deal with scraps. One of these days................

What did you use to tie? And I love your label.
Old 10-26-2009, 05:28 PM

Great job!!! You made wonderful use of your awesome scraps!! and how cute is Milo!!!
Old 10-26-2009, 05:44 PM

Great job! One day I might be able to "let go" and make something out of my scraps!
Old 10-26-2009, 05:46 PM

First of all, love the scrappiness! I wish I knew how to make that braid pattern. Is it easy? I bet you had fun.
Old 10-26-2009, 05:54 PM

http://quilterscache.com/

http://quiltville.com/

You can probably find the pioneer/bunkhouse/French braid pattern faster on the second website ... but, if you don't have these two sites on your favorites list, you may decide they are a good choice. Quiltville is especially useful for organizing and using scraps. I heartily recommend both sites for new or experienced quilters.
Old 10-26-2009, 05:58 PM

Originally Posted by omak
http://quilterscache.com/

http://quiltville.com/

You can probably find the pioneer/bunkhouse/French braid pattern faster on the second website ... but, if you don't have these two sites on your favorites list, you may decide they are a good choice. Quiltville is especially useful for organizing and using scraps. I heartily recommend both sites for new or experienced quilters.
Quiltville is where I found the pattern. I've got both in my favorites list already! LOL

I never thought I'd be able to "let go" and do a scrappy pattern. And in a way I didn't...i agonized over block placement for almost two hours! LOL
Old 10-26-2009, 05:59 PM

Originally Posted by wordmama
First of all, love the scrappiness! I wish I knew how to make that braid pattern. Is it easy? I bet you had fun.
Insanely easy! I really did have fun, especially since it's so easy to speed piece.
Old 10-26-2009, 06:18 PM

agonizing over block placement isn't a bad thing ... it was just your way of resting until you go into your next flurry!
I don't spend a lot of time with the placement, but before I settle on what I think is okay, I ask hubby to come in and offer his opinion. He almost always has something to suggest, or he will ask a question and depending on my answer, he will suggest something.
If I like his suggestion, then I go ahead and change something, and, if I don't change something, then I can rest assured that I have a good product. Since he doesn't quilt (and cannot understand why anyone would take perfectly good fabric, cut it up into little pieces and then sew it all back together again) ... his novice eye happens to see the things most people see or do not see ... he is a big help!