Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Quilts for French Doors >

Quilts for French Doors

Quilts for French Doors

Old 12-26-2012, 04:07 PM

Your quilt is gorgeous!!
Old 12-26-2012, 05:14 PM

Beautiful and have you ever given me an idea for the fr doors that go from our den to our sunroom.
Old 12-26-2012, 05:45 PM

Your quilted curtains are really something else. The colors are great and what a good idea to keep hot/cold at bay. I've thought of something like this and now that I've seen yours, I'm thinking it's even a better idea. You've given many of us another project to put on our "to-do" list Thanks for sharing all of the info
Old 12-26-2012, 07:34 PM

Originally Posted by daisydebby View Post
Your quilted curtains are really something else. The colors are great and what a good idea to keep hot/cold at bay. I've thought of something like this and now that I've seen yours, I'm thinking it's even a better idea. You've given many of us another project to put on our "to-do" list Thanks for sharing all of the info
Daisy, You wouldn't have to make your door quilts to hang like mine, you could make them to pull up like Roman Shades. My sister-in-law did hers that way and just pulls them up instead of having the draw them to the side. She has an earth contact home with floor to ceiling windows and made the quilt for all of them.
Old 12-27-2012, 12:29 AM

I would love these for my doors. They are great in summer, but at this time of year they are cold and dark! How much do the quilts weigh? We're they hard to hang?
Old 12-27-2012, 02:12 AM

Looks beautiful!! And yes, I've also learned that pulling shades in the summer keeps the heat out and in the winter and this time of year, it keeps the cold out during the winter.
Old 12-27-2012, 03:35 AM

this is so beautiful. is it a pattern or did you just design it yourself. if so what is the pattern called and where can i get it. i just love it. what size are the blocks. would you be willing to share the pattern.
Old 12-27-2012, 11:15 AM

Originally Posted by noveltyjunkie View Post
I would love these for my doors. They are great in summer, but at this time of year they are cold and dark! How much do the quilts weigh? We're they hard to hang?
I don't notice that they make to room dark or cold. I have an off white lining and have lots of off white and light colors in the front, so light does come through/
They aren't all that heavy,don'tt weigh any more that a queen size quilt. I addedlongn tabs on top and inserted a long curtain rod through then, the set the rod on it's bracket. When I need to open the curtain, I can just pull then to the side. I do have a bracket in the middle to keep them from sagging. I hung one quilt on each side of the bracket.
Old 12-27-2012, 11:21 AM

Originally Posted by huntersgrammie View Post
this is so beautiful. is it a pattern or did you just design it yourself. if so what is the pattern called and where can i get it. i just love it. what size are the blocks. would you be willing to share the pattern.
I didn't use a pattern, it is basically a square in a square, sarting with a 4-patch in the center and adding a half square triangle to each side. and then one more time to enlarge the block and also to have a white background for all the blocks. I think my blocks a 8.5 inches.
Old 12-27-2012, 04:11 PM

thank you for the info. i had assumed you did it on your own. it is just beautiful. i hope you don't mind if i use your design and make one of my own. merry christmas