Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Quilts I've made

Blog Entries
    wow, that's fabulous ! and at least i wouldn't have guessed it. thank you. who is the co-ordinator for this? when my skills improve i may want to get involved. n

They are all beautiful!

beautiful quilts

All your quilts are very pretty. Great job on all of them!

Quote Originally Posted by nancia
    wow, that's fabulous ! and at least i wouldn't have guessed it. thank you. who is the co-ordinator for this? when my skills improve i may want to get involved. n
    The lady I work with is in S.C. so I have to mail everything to her but there are groups all over the U.S. who are involved in making these quilts. Call some of your local quilt guilds or ask at your quilting store, they should be able to tell you where one near you is and you can get involved with them. The finished quilt has to be at least 55 inches by 65 inches. Good luck. Windsong

I want to thank all of you who have looked at my quilts and commented on them. It makes me feel good to know that other people like what I'm doing. I think I will make some baby quilts next where I can work on something smaller than the big quilts for a while..... :D

Windsong

Wonderful quilting work on your qults.

No Pictures today, just an announcment. I have a quilt top made for our new grandbaby that was due in June. Just need to get it quilted. Now I still need to have it quilted by June because he probably won't be going home from the hospital before that.
    He was born yesterday afternoon (the 7th). He was dealing his Mom too much misery. She developed the preclampsia and was beginning to have trouble with the kidneys. The drs. decided the best thing for both Mom and baby Miller Stuart was to go ahead and get him out of there. He is a tiny little one--2 lbs. 7 oz. 14 1/2" long. But he is doing well. Strong heartbeat. (I might add when his Dad was born he was a 10 lb.'er.) Miller has some growing to do to catch up to that. They are under the best care for preemies that is in this area...Seattle Swedish hospital. This is our son and his wife's first baby and Dad is very proud. We expect that with all the prayers little baby Miller is going to do just fine.
    I think now maybe I shoud make some smaller size blankets for the first month or two he is home. The one I have ready to quilt is crib size.
    Just wanted to share our joyful news.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitsapquilter
    No Pictures today, just an announcment. I have a quilt top made for our new grandbaby that was due in June. Just need to get it quilted. Now I still need to have it quilted by June because he probably won't be going home from the hospital before that.
    He was born yesterday afternoon (the 7th). He was dealing his Mom too much misery. She developed the preclampsia and was beginning to have trouble with the kidneys. The drs. decided the best thing for both Mom and baby Miller Stuart was to go ahead and get him out of there. He is a tiny little one--2 lbs. 7 oz. 14 1/2" long. But he is doing well. Strong heartbeat. (I might add when his Dad was born he was a 10 lb.'er.) Miller has some growing to do to catch up to that. They are under the best care for preemies that is in this area...Seattle Swedish hospital. This is our son and his wife's first baby and Dad is very proud. We expect that with all the prayers little baby Miller is going to do just fine.
    I think now maybe I shoud make some smaller size blankets for the first month or two he is home. The one I have ready to quilt is crib size.
    Just wanted to share our joyful news.
    I am sorry for posting in someone elses thread. I thought I was in the main picture thread. I guess I am too excited about all this.

Congratulations Grandma!!! I hope baby Miller will do just fine and will get to go home soon. I crocheted preemie caps and blankets and little "thumb" booties for a hospital that took care of these dear little ones. We called the booties "thumb" booties because they fit our thumbs. I crocheted little blankets that were 18 inches square for them. If the little ones didn't get to go home, at least the parents had something to take home with them that the baby had used.
    God bless you and your family.

Windsong

By the way, Windsong, your quilts are really nice. I think I like that king size one but they are all so nice I would gladly take anyone of them. I really like thos rail fence quilts.

Your quilts are wonderful. I especially like the table runner. It looks for springy!!

They are all very pretty!

Power Poster
    Wow, very nice.

My goodness, you have been busy......great job! :-D

Senior Member The Quiet Quilter's Avatar
    You do beautiful work.
    Hugs, Sharon

Blog Entries
    Beautiful! I love the colors.

Wonderful quilts that look so inviting to cuddle up in.

All of them are very pretty! Great job!!

hi out there! what is qvo?

Blog Entries
    those quilts are absolutely beautiful. Wow I love them all I would be hard put to choose a favorite. You did a wonderful job.

Wonderful use of color. More people need to show their love for services rendered. The men and women are really never the same. My hero just got back and found I was going to make one for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Windsong
    Quote Originally Posted by nancia
    the quilts look great! good work. what is qov? i'll probably smack myself in the head when you tell me, it's probably real obvious to everyone else.
    QOV stands for Quilts of Valor. These quilts go to veteran hospitals and are given to the wounded coming back from Iraq and Afghanistan to let them know we are thinking of them and appreciate their service for our country. When they get to leave the hospital and go home they get to take their quilt with them. We get some awsome letters from the recipients. They really do appreciate what we are doing for them.

Windsong

Marvel, what part of eastern Oklahoma do you live in? I live in Nowata, Oklahoma which is in the northeastern part of Oklahoma.

Windsong

Blog Entries
    Marquita, you have reason to be proud! You have accomplished alot!! Hope I can be as productive as you!! Wonderful work.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 LastLast