Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
'Quilty Pleasures' RR >

'Quilty Pleasures' RR

'Quilty Pleasures' RR

Old 01-08-2012, 01:08 PM

Default Quilty Pleasures

Something was keeping me from doing my label and now I know why. I knew that I was going to change my mind on my center and I did. I saw some asian quilts and fell in love with them. So....... here is my new center. It has a LOT of different colors and items to choose from to add to. Ribbons, fans, koi, geisha, flowers....... the list goes on. I can't wait to see this one grow!!!!! Now I can do my label.

Joan: I LOVE what you did to Judy's center!! That will be fun to work on.

Blessings!
Carole
Attached Thumbnails p1170416-2.jpg  
Old 01-08-2012, 01:22 PM

ohhhhhhh WOW!!!

would you just look at that!!!!

how FABULOUS is this scene!!??!!
and i'm 5th in line to work on it!! i'm 'sew' pleased!!!!
that means i get BIGGER borders to play with!!!
wooohoooooo!!!! lol... and i can't wait!!! i have a little idea already, i just hope no one does something like what is in my mind!!!
(and i'm not saying a word!! lol...)
grin!!

Originally Posted by Carsey View Post
Something was keeping me from doing my label and now I know why. I knew that I was going to change my mind on my center and I did. I saw some asian quilts and fell in love with them. So....... here is my new center. It has a LOT of different colors and items to choose from to add to. Ribbons, fans, koi, geisha, flowers....... the list goes on. I can't wait to see this one grow!!!!! Now I can do my label.

Joan: I LOVE what you did to Judy's center!! That will be fun to work on.

Blessings!
Carole
Old 01-08-2012, 01:45 PM

What a lovely piece of fabric. I love everything about it. It will make a beautiful quilt I'm sure!
Old 01-08-2012, 01:49 PM

Originally Posted by JudyG View Post
Love your center, Jacquie. Can't wait to get my hands on it. This will be so much fun.

Valleyquiltermo, an RR is a "round robin." This one is a private group of friends who have decided to post our pictures of our quilts on the board for others to see. Each person in the group makes a center and every other person in the group adds a border. By the time we are done, we will have a fairly large quilt, depending on the size of the starting center. Our group consists of 7 quilters, so there will be six rounds added to each center, and according to the sizes of borders we have decided on, each side of the quilt will have borders totaling 33", so if the center started at 18" x 24" (which I believe is the size of mine), I should end up with a quilt 84" x 90.
Is it to late to sign up for this?
Old 01-08-2012, 01:57 PM
Power Poster

Love the colors.
Old 01-08-2012, 02:01 PM

sorry, this group is already up and running i'm afraid. but thanks for your interest but please call into to say hi and watch whats going on, we love visitors!!
Originally Posted by blueangel View Post
Love the colors.
Old 01-08-2012, 02:29 PM

well carol! you've certainly caused some excitement at this side of the 'pond' that's for sure!
i've been diving into my fabric stash and selected lots of fabrics that are PERFECT for your 'RR'! you should have heard my fabric squeal with delight when it was 'pulled'!!
it's been in there for at least 4 years or so!! just waiting for the right project!
boy, i'm glad i never clear out my stash, i can never understand people who do that!! why part with fabrics?? they always come to good use at some point!!
you've made my night!!
Old 01-08-2012, 02:59 PM

Originally Posted by jacquie View Post
well carol! you've certainly caused some excitement at this side of the 'pond' that's for sure!
i've been diving into my fabric stash and selected lots of fabrics that are PERFECT for your 'RR'! you should have heard my fabric squeal with delight when it was 'pulled'!!
it's been in there for at least 4 years or so!! just waiting for the right project!
I completely agree with you Jacquie! Some fabrics are just waiting for the right time to come out and play.
boy, i'm glad i never clear out my stash, i can never understand people who do that!! why part with fabrics?? they always come to good use at some point!!
you've made my night!!

I completely agree with you Jacquie! Some fabrics are just waiting for the right time to come out and play.
Old 01-08-2012, 03:46 PM

I can see we're getting serious here - we have quilts on the way. Both are beautiful, I love the colour choices. My center is on its way and I'm (im)patiently waiting for one to arrive, even though I know there's still a week before it even needs to be mailed.

Carole, you have finally answered my question, "why did I buy this fabric?" by posting your new center.
Old 01-08-2012, 04:33 PM

Originally Posted by b.zang View Post
I can see we're getting serious here - we have quilts on the way. Both are beautiful, I love the colour choices. My center is on its way and I'm (im)patiently waiting for one to arrive, even though I know there's still a week before it even needs to be mailed.

Carole, you have finally answered my question, "why did I buy this fabric?" by posting your new center.
Can't wait to get your center, Barb. I'll be keeping my eye out for it. I love how bright it is and think it will be a fun one to work on.