Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
'Quilty Pleasures' RR >

'Quilty Pleasures' RR

'Quilty Pleasures' RR

Old 12-22-2011, 06:01 PM

Oh My Jacquie, I didn't know you were having surgery? Carpel tunel, I know someone who had that done and did NOT listen to the doctor and used her hand way too much and too early and got perminent damage from it! Please do NOT use your hand too early or too much and listen to what the dr. says....... even if it means waiting on the sewing....... we will wait until your really able to sew!!! Do Not chance anything when it comes to the use of your hands....... Hope you are feeling better and have a great Christmas!!!
Old 12-22-2011, 10:07 PM

Love the bright flowers.
Old 12-23-2011, 02:08 PM

abonda, great news!! your LOVELY winter snowman has arrived safe and well, just in time to spend christmas with us here in scotland!!!
woooohoooo!!!!
he did look a little dismayed though to see we were rather lacking in the snow department!!
never mind!! we have plenty more time yet for snow!! lol...
at least he's here!!!!
happy christmas!!!
love jacquie xxxxxx
Old 12-23-2011, 02:21 PM

Jacquie,
Your story about "It's a Wonderful Life" is just hilarious! TWO DAYS to download a movie, though? I have never tried because I thought once my system shut down the movie would be lost to me (my internet is painful, too). Are there any traditional Christmas stories you would like to share with us? I'm a real sucker for sappy Christmas stories and can sometimes feel the tears come on even in anticipation of a touching moment. Not really sure why I need to roil my emotions up so much for Christmas. I do love the season.
Old 12-23-2011, 04:08 PM

Just want to wish everyone a wonderful Christmas (or whatever holiday you celebrate).
Old 12-23-2011, 05:20 PM

oh help!
after all that abonda said to me about 'not doing anything with my hand' i'm a little scared to show her this!!

honestly, i didn't use/flex my hand in the way i normally would... honest!!

her round arrived today, and as you do... you root around to see what wonderful fabrics you have to add to it!!
next thing, i'm dragging my daughter into the sewing room and leading her to the cutting mat lol...
blow me! all of a sudden, the whole thing is sewn down and ironed!!! quick as you like!!

sorry abonda!! i couldn't help myself!! and honestly! no damage done!!

i think no contact with fabric since monday has taken it's toll, and i enjoyed myself more than you could imagine!!!
i hope it meets with your approval! it can go into the post on wednesday!
Attached Thumbnails abonda-rr-2012.jpg  
Old 12-23-2011, 06:38 PM

Oh WOW I love it Jacquie! As long as the Dr said it was ok and It didn't hurt you, Welllll.........I just love it. But still be careful you don't use it tooo much... Love ya and thanks for doing it.
Old 12-23-2011, 06:43 PM

Judy you have a wonderful and Blessed Celebration also.... I'm on vacation from (school) work till Jan. 3rd so I'll be a sewing fool and can't wait...Hope to tackle alot of UFO'S and WIP.... Oh yeh and get to sleep in late and drink coffee in my pj's !
Old 12-23-2011, 07:19 PM

Jacqui, it's adorable.
Old 12-28-2011, 11:34 AM

ok, 'mistymarie' i posted you my center and carsey's center in the same package today... 'sew' be on the look out for it!!
i thought i may as well!!!

well, the stitches are GONE!! woohooo!!! (carpal tunnel opp' last tuesday, stitches out today! at last!!)
although, i now have 'steri-strips' instead... i pulled my thumb the other day taking off my night-top and felt a 'pull' in the wound. not a painful pull, but enough to feel i had done something but i wasn't sure what... well, the 'top skin' has pulled apart a little, but it's healed underneath.
the surgeon cut along the skin fold line that runs around the base of the thumb. that must have been the 'pull' i felt. never mind, it will heal in time. it's nice to have rid of the stitches and all of the dressings though!
i asked the nurse about the physio that has been mentioned by a few different ladies... the doc's reply is that we don't deem it necessary here (in the uk) as it hasn't proved to be advantageous. so, i just have to take my time in healing, don't over do it, and be SENSIBLE. me, sensible? never!!??!! lol... i will of cause be very sensible where my hand is concerned. as i'd be 'gutted' if i lost the ability to sew!! i am a true believer of 'listening to my body', it will tell me, soon enough if it's not happy in any way! :c)

well i've rambled on enough now!!
thanks for listening to my 'jibber jabbering'!!!
take care all, love jacquie xxxxx