Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Ready for a marathon of sewing >

Ready for a marathon of sewing

Ready for a marathon of sewing

Old 05-18-2009, 06:47 AM

Originally Posted by k3n
You're making me jealous Pam, talking about needle up and down and all that - I'm still wheel turnin'!

C - Hans says I'm DEFINITELY a woman! LOL

K x
I was jealous of all the Vikings, Berninas, Janomes, etc. that I kept hearing about. Me with my 20 year old Kenmore. It did a fine job straight sewing though now that I have used the Viking I know that the Kenmore was slow. Even pedal to the metal it hardly went as fast as slow to medium on the Viking. I love the drop-in bobbin and that you can see it through the clear cover. Nothing worse on the Kenmore than running out of bobbin and you don't know it until you're done with a big stack of sewing!!! :evil: With the Viking it starts sewing badly when the bobbin is running out, I guess the tension isn't there, so I know after a couple of stitches and can change it.

I do like the colors, even if they are muddy, and I am definately a woman (at least the last time I checked). :shock: I wear dresses all the time, almost exclusively in the summer with sandals, and my hair is to my butt. I like very feminine things too. My eldest daughter said, "Mom! When are you going to cut your hair?!" I said, "When I'm sitting on it!"
Old 05-18-2009, 07:00 AM
k3n
Power Poster

Pam - you sound like Lily my DD - her hair is to her butt as well - if it get inside her tshirt when she's dressing, it pokes out the bottom! I always wished I had heir like that but my mum kept it shoulder length! Mine now is getting quite long but nowhere near my butt! Although as I get older, my butt is moving further away from my hair! LOL

K x
Old 05-18-2009, 07:09 AM

Great job...pretty fast project too.....it will be nice! and good color choices for a guy....:-)
Old 05-18-2009, 11:39 AM

You are so organized!!! This is so pretty and I can't wait to see it all put together..

Old 05-18-2009, 11:45 AM

Originally Posted by k3n
Pam - you sound like Lily my DD - her hair is to her butt as well - if it get inside her tshirt when she's dressing, it pokes out the bottom! I always wished I had heir like that but my mum kept it shoulder length! Mine now is getting quite long but nowhere near my butt! Although as I get older, my butt is moving further away from my hair! LOL

K x
My dd#3 just cut her hair and donated it 2 weeks ago. It was to her butt and had to move it to sit down. It is now about shoulder blade length and she is much happier. I always wished I could grow my hair like that too. Two of my 3 girls have hair that grows real fast and they each have donated their hair several times. Mine is shoulder blade length too, can't get it any longer.
Old 05-18-2009, 11:49 AM

love the colors - keep us posted
Old 05-18-2009, 12:34 PM

Originally Posted by Jim's Gem
Originally Posted by k3n

K x
My dd#3 just cut her hair and donated it 2 weeks ago. It was to her butt and had to move it to sit down. It is now about shoulder blade length and she is much happier. I always wished I could grow my hair like that too. Two of my 3 girls have hair that grows real fast and they each have donated their hair several times. Mine is shoulder blade length too, can't get it any longer.
I read that the length of a person's hair is genetically determined. There is an "age" that each hair will fall out at the folicle and a new one will grow. If your hair falls out at the length of 12" then there's not much you can do to make it longer. My daughters have had about shoulder length hair but I don't think they they have tried to grow it longer. One of my sisters has had it long and two of my nieces have had it sitting on length.
Old 05-18-2009, 12:37 PM

And for some of us guys, the hair just falls out and never grows back. :(
Old 05-18-2009, 12:44 PM

Originally Posted by mytwopals
I read that the average person loses between 50 and 100 hairs per day. In my case, every single one of them seems to end up on the bathroom floor and it's not easy to ignore pieces of hair that are a couple feet long.
Old 05-18-2009, 12:49 PM

Originally Posted by mytwopals
My husband has that problem. :(