Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Recent finish...UFO and scrap/stash fabric used >

Recent finish...UFO and scrap/stash fabric used

Recent finish...UFO and scrap/stash fabric used

Old 11-09-2020, 07:41 AM
Power Poster

Default Recent finish...UFO and scrap/stash fabric used

The month of October was a finish it up month. Tickled to get 3 large quilts done. All have been long term projects.
The first started out as scrappy spools inspired by a Laundry Basket Quilts pincushion pattern. The spools grew and placed them in rows, then separated and bordered by the gold fabric. Found the light dark 2" HST's for the next border. Now what? Add another gold border...I had plenty of it in stash. Now what? In a bag a bunch of log cabin blocks were found; enough for a border. Adjusted the gold border so they would fit..what's an inch or two here and there! Still not big enough for me. So another gold border. Bigger she says...found the dark blue fabric (purchased in the 90's) and used some. This will fit our Q-sized bed. Still had gold and blue fabric left so used it in the back with a splice of floral leftovers. After quilting used leftover backing for binding. Just inches of the gold and floral fabric left and maybe a half yard of the blue.
Attached Thumbnails 2020-load-scrap-closeup-resized.jpg   2020-load-scrap.jpg   2020-load-scrap-back-resized.jpg  

Last edited by oksewglad; 11-09-2020 at 07:44 AM.
Old 11-09-2020, 09:15 AM

You’re my kind of piecer! I sometimes do the same thing when making a top, now what-lol
i like the quilts you’ve been making and absolutely love the quilting on this one!-Toogie
Old 11-09-2020, 09:21 AM

Just Awesome quilt. Be proud
Old 11-09-2020, 09:58 AM

That’s beautiful!
Old 11-09-2020, 10:03 AM

Lovely quilt. That is definitely what a fabric stash is for. You should be very proud!
Old 11-09-2020, 04:06 PM
Power Poster

Absolutely beautiful. You are so good at using small pieces and color placement.
Old 11-09-2020, 06:40 PM

You are the queen of teeny tiny pieced scrappy’s! Another super quilt! Taking the time to make the log cabin border instead of just slapping on a solid border is what sets your quilts apart.....at least it does when you finish them...lol!! (Just a private UFO tease)
Old 11-10-2020, 03:43 AM

Wow, you certainly have had a busy month of finishing up your UFOs. Do you sleep? I agree with Jingle and Teen’s posts...you certainly have the knack (and a lot of patience) for piecing scrappy little pieces and your eye for color and placement are wonderful. Congratulations on all of your finishes...what’s on your cutting table next?
Old 11-10-2020, 05:41 AM
Power Poster

That looks great.
Old 11-10-2020, 06:51 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by jmoore View Post
Wow, you certainly have had a busy month of finishing up your UFOs. Do you sleep? I agree with Jingle and Teen’s posts...you certainly have the knack (and a lot of patience) for piecing scrappy little pieces and your eye for color and placement are wonderful. Congratulations on all of your finishes...what’s on your cutting table next?
Thanks everyone. I love working with little pieces. And yes I do sleep. Currently on the LA is a 3" 9P made of charm squares which started 10 years ago..see this post. This flimsy has been finished for a couple of years. Been waiting to improve LA skills for it.

1.5" Mini swap--photos added 3-16-11

On the piecing end I am working on this quilt inspired by a Pam Buda quilt. Naturally mine is bigger and the on point squares in the block are made of crumbs. I have 28 of the needed large 56 blocks done. 280 of the 3" crumb blocks are required. I decided to make 5 of the crumb blocks and make a block rather than make the 280 crumb blocks and then build the blocks. I call this one "Joyce made me do it" because my friend Joyce saw the quilt and thought of me and sent the magazine article to me!