Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Ribbon Turkey >

Ribbon Turkey

Ribbon Turkey

Old 08-04-2010, 05:40 AM

Of course, this is for Thanksgiving (unless you make peacocks).
But the kids usually have a lot of homework by then, so why not
have a pre Thanksgiving event. This loopy ribbon inspired me. My family collects turkey objects, so... Use card stock or buy die cut turkeys at a teacher's store. For place cards, greeting cards, magnets,etc. Make the turkey in felt & ,make a brooch for your crafty pals. This is an original pattern & you will see a lot more!
Menu: turkey sandwich, corn on the cob, garden salad, pumpkin cookies, apple juice? How authentic & fun. I give really good playdates! Cheers, Dotty

Loopy Ribbon turkey!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]91518[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-91513.jpe  
Old 08-04-2010, 05:47 AM

Wow! How clever!
Keep 'em coming!!!
Old 08-04-2010, 05:50 AM

It is never to early to think of Thanksgiving.
Looks good
Old 08-04-2010, 06:05 AM

Awww! Too cute!!
Old 08-04-2010, 06:10 AM

You have the cutest ideas...love 'em !!
Old 08-04-2010, 06:10 AM

You must have been a wonderful art teacher!!! So clever and imaginative. I'll be using your ideas for my 3 grandkids. Here's an easy kid recipe that's healthier than the regular way. Chocolate Brownie Muffins - 1 box dark chocolate cake mix. 1 15 oz can pumpkin. Mix both together thoroughly. It will be very thick - do NOT add whatever the box calls for - eggs, oil, milk, water, etc. Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes in 12 paperlined muffin tins. You will have "very" full muffin tins - don't worry that the batter is so much and don't use overflow muffin tins. Heap it up!!! It comes out looking cute and lumpy on top. These are less crumbly/messy than normal cake muffins and a contain a lot more fiber and other health benefits of pumpkin. These freeze well, too. Just pull one out and thaw when the craving arises.
Old 08-04-2010, 06:57 AM

Originally Posted by SharonAnne
You must have been a wonderful art teacher!!! So clever and imaginative. I'll be using your ideas for my 3 grandkids. Here's an easy kid recipe that's healthier than the regular way. Chocolate Brownie Muffins - 1 box dark chocolate cake mix. 1 15 oz can pumpkin. Mix both together thoroughly. It will be very thick - do NOT add whatever the box calls for - eggs, oil, milk, water, etc. Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes in 12 paperlined muffin tins. You will have "very" full muffin tins - don't worry that the batter is so much and don't use overflow muffin tins. Heap it up!!! It comes out looking cute and lumpy on top. These are less crumbly/messy than normal cake muffins and a contain a lot more fiber and other health benefits of pumpkin. These freeze well, too. Just pull one out and thaw when the craving arises.
Chocolate n pumpkin, YUM! I am going to make this soon as the heat wave stops! And I love the turkey! How cute! :-D
Old 08-04-2010, 07:01 AM

Oh how I love you retired art teachers! So creative and continue to be so when given the opportunity to do your own thing and relax. This is very clever. Thanks for sharing.
Old 08-04-2010, 07:04 AM

Clever!
Old 08-04-2010, 08:43 AM

Originally Posted by dotcomdtcm
Of course, this is for Thanksgiving (unless you make peacocks).
But the kids usually have a lot of homework by then, so why not
have a pre Thanksgiving event. This loopy ribbon inspired me. My family collects turkey objects, so... Use card stock or buy die cut turkeys at a teacher's store. For place cards, greeting cards, magnets,etc. Make the turkey in felt & ,make a brooch for your crafty pals. This is an original pattern & you will see a lot more!
Menu: turkey sandwich, corn on the cob, garden salad, pumpkin cookies, apple juice? How authentic & fun. I give really good playdates! Cheers, Dotty
How cool is that!! Now you have my mouth watering!!! When's dinner? I will be there shortly!
:lol: :lol: :mrgreen: