Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Round Robin Pictures >

Round Robin Pictures

Round Robin Pictures

Old 06-01-2008, 11:48 AM

Third time and if I goof again, will try another day. Sorry about this everyone!
Attached Thumbnails attachment-46344.jpe  
Old 06-01-2008, 12:06 PM

wow that looks great.......make me one :wink:
Old 06-01-2008, 12:55 PM

I might not have done so much ripping it it had been mine, but this time I was very pciky. I wanted it to be jsut right, so I did a lot of ripping. I finally had to applique the teeny little triangles in the corners :!: It was the only way I could get them right. Thats where I did the most ripping :!: I hope she will be pleased with it.
Old 06-01-2008, 12:55 PM

Originally Posted by tlrnhi
Cordelia's center done with first border.
Hope she likes it!
Will be on it's way tomorrow to Imaquilter
Thanks, This was idea number 3007.
You wouldn't believe what my cutting/sewing table looks like. So many pieces sitting there that I cut, sewed, ripped, etc.
Ended up doing what I did.
And....no 2 fabrics are the same! ;)
Old 06-01-2008, 12:58 PM

Originally Posted by vicki reno
I might not have done so much ripping it it had been mine, but this time I was very pciky. I wanted it to be jsut right, so I did a lot of ripping. I finally had to applique the teeny little triangles in the corners :!: It was the only way I could get them right. Thats where I did the most ripping :!: I hope she will be pleased with it.
Same here. I wanted the seams to match up in the original square, but nothing wanted to match. Just couldn't get it right. There are a couple that are off by a hair, but as hard as I tried, I couldn't get it to work. But with all the busyness in it, you really cannot notice.
I'm pleased with what I did, and I hope Cordelia is too.
Old 06-01-2008, 01:15 PM

What is the name of the block with the circle in the middle? is there a pattern for it somewhere on here? I love it!!!!
Old 06-01-2008, 02:34 PM

Wow! Those are all so beautiful! I already know what I am doing on Cordelia's center! So, I am going to get started on it this week.

There are 12 squares. Dawn has two scrappy centers.

Old 06-01-2008, 03:14 PM

I am in total awe !! Every single border captures the feel of the center blocks perfectly. I have seen round robins where the borders would be so out of character with the centers but you guys, all of you, ACED it!! Kudos to all :thumbup: :thumbup:
Old 06-01-2008, 05:06 PM

OMG, Teri! I LOVE IT!!!! I especially LOVE that you put in all those gorgeous florals! I was hoping someone would add some beautiful florals because I really don't have many and I didn't feel right about "hinting" about it either.

That is just AWSOME and I knew I was going to love everything people put onto it.

Thank you!

I hope that log cabin will be coming my way. But, I'm not sure if I'm in the same group. But, I'd love to work on that.

Edit, Teri, I didn't want to stress you out because I thought you had a lot to do, so I haven't sent Mareliba's center to you yet. But, it's going in the mail on Tuesday. You might get it early next week.
Old 06-01-2008, 05:23 PM

Send it on! I'm ready for it.
After yours, I'm ready for ANYTHING! lol
I had to put that little border on it to "stop the madness". That, I think was what was giving me the hardest time.
Then, once it went on, things started to come together, except I just couldn't decide on what to do for a border. Would start one, lay it next to the square and it just didn't look right. Finally, took the easy way out. lol

Most of my fabrics are florals. Can't seem to get away from them. Had to buy some plain, no print fabric and took my daughter with me to keep me away from the prints. I did buy some solids, which was good. The only real solid color I had was white and can't use white for everything.