Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Running out of fabric >

Running out of fabric

Running out of fabric

Old 08-09-2011, 08:36 PM

Originally Posted by HummerGardenCrafts
Originally Posted by Vicky K
what an inspiration. I just joined the 1.5" block swap because I hate to throw out anything and thought it would be a great way to use up my scraps. I'm gonna try hand piecing these. I won't be completing them as fast as you!
Great job, can't wait to see the finished product.
That's what I plan on doing also, hand pieceing. So it will take a while to get any size very fast.
Do you know when you are going to start? Maybe we should start a challenge thread to keep each other (and others) motivated? I would love to have someone else working along side me. ;)
Old 08-09-2011, 11:41 PM

what an inspiration. I just joined the 1.5" block swap because I hate to throw out anything and thought it would be a great way to use up my scraps. I'm gonna try hand piecing these. I won't be completing them as fast as you!
Great job, can't wait to see the finished product.
That's what I plan on doing also, hand pieceing. So it will take a while to get any size very fast.
Do you know when you are going to start? Maybe we should start a challenge thread to keep each other (and others) motivated? I would love to have someone else working along side me. ;)
I was going to try to keep up with the lady that started this thread. But she's so far ahead now. She's flying on her. She doing hers on the machine.

That would be fun to sew together. I had planned on starting last night. But I didn't get to. I will start when you are ready. I can only sew in the evenings though. Unless I get my other work caught up for the day. This will be so much fun. Maybe the other lady might want to start another one with us by hand.
Old 08-10-2011, 09:31 AM

I was going to try to keep up with the lady that started this thread. But she's so far ahead now. She's flying on her. She doing hers on the machine.

That would be fun to sew together. I had planned on starting last night. But I didn't get to. I will start when you are ready. I can only sew in the evenings though. Unless I get my other work caught up for the day. This will be so much fun. Maybe the other lady might want to start another one with us by hand.
I was going to start cutting my blocks last night but didn't get a chance either. I'm in the same boat, evenings or appointments. Do you know where we could start a challenge thread? Let's start this week.
Old 08-10-2011, 03:58 PM

Vicky K, I started a challenge. Not sure I put it in the right place though. I couldn't find a place for it.
I'm hopeing the ones that haven't tried one will come join us.
I have my needle threaded. If I get a few done a night, I will be that much closer to getting done. giggle Hurry and get your pieces cut out!!!!!!
Old 08-10-2011, 08:21 PM

Vicky K, I started a challenge. Not sure I put it in the right place though. I couldn't find a place for it.
I'm hopeing the ones that haven't tried one will come join us.
I have my needle threaded. If I get a few done a night, I will be that much closer to getting done. giggle Hurry and get your pieces cut out!!!!!!
lol, that means I need to get off the site. Can you post a link to the challenge?
Old 08-12-2011, 04:03 PM

Update 8.12.11

Well I'm almost done!!!! Have 1 more row then add the rest to the width and that's it! Can you see your squares???? They really seem to blend/hide once they get sewn to 1 inch. I tried to keep what was sent together but ended up mixing it all together.

Some QB members squares
[ATTACH=CONFIG]240743[/ATTACH]

and more QB members squares
[ATTACH=CONFIG]240744[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-240737.jpe   attachment-240738.jpe  
Old 08-12-2011, 04:07 PM

more pics
Attached Thumbnails attachment-240739.jpe   attachment-240740.jpe   attachment-240741.jpe  
Old 08-12-2011, 04:33 PM

Originally Posted by Crafty1
more pics
Oh wow!!!!! Look how pretty!!!!!!

Crafty are you going to be doing another one with us? I still need to send you some charms.
Old 08-12-2011, 04:44 PM

Absolutely amazing!!!

As I had your post up on my computer looking for my squares, my DH walked by and said "Ya know...there are a lot of beautiful quilts around, but that kind of quilt is my FAVORITE".

His mind was blown when I told him they were 1" squares, and no two fabrics alike. LOL Seriously...his jaw dropped!

Fabulous job - you are now officially my hero!
Old 08-12-2011, 04:49 PM

Originally Posted by Crafty1
more pics
Oh wow!!!!! Look how pretty!!!!!!

Crafty are you going to be doing another one with us? I still need to send you some charms.
Thank you! Sure I'll do another one, totally different style so I need to come up with a color scheme & pattern. But I'm going to take my time so we can all work together :)