Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Saturday shopping at the quilt store/ new sewing pics added

My daughter, Jamie, granddaughter, Emily and i went to a quilt store in Kansas today. We found alot of nice fabric too drool over :lol: We couldn't resist some fat quarters.
    Emily found some for her stash too.

Then back to Joanns for batting, thread , sissors, and a few other goodies we just couldn't live without.

My 1930 fat quarters and some wizzard of oz fat quarters, and pigma pen from quilt shop
    Name:  Attachment-8658.jpe
Views: 47
Size:  76.1 KB

Emily picked out the fat quarters at the quilt shop, then found thread and sissors whe needed at Joanns
    Name:  Attachment-14603.jpe
Views: 44
Size:  45.7 KB

Glad you found some fun there! It's great that you are getting the young 'ens involved so early! I went to a "real" quilt store in Flagstaff the other day and was SHOCKED that the prices were almost $10/yd on everything! and NO sales. It's fun to browse tho!

Nice haul!!! Was this her first fabric shopping experience? Has she decided on a pattern yet to make with all her fabrics?

Ooooo, yummy fabrics and one happy looking little girl!

bj
    Emily has a good eye for color. She looks so proud of her find!

I just love the post she is so cute and full of sunshine. Can't wait to see all the lovely things she makes with her new found passion.

Do I spy some dressed up kitties? I think you and your helpers did a great job.

Blog Entries
    Can't wait to see what comes from all those pretty FQ's!

I love the Kitty Cucumber print, Emily picked out!

Oh, I love to go shopping in a quilt shop---I miss the tactile experience. :mrgreen: You got some wonderful fabrics!! I am interested in the thread that Emily is showing us--can you tell me more about it?

I love to see little ones so proud of there fabric finds thats how to start those girls wanting to sew...you picked out some really pretty fabric.

Blog Entries
    Looks like everyone had some fun.

Saturday night Emily stayed and she sewed (without my help). She told me she would let me know if she needed my help.

She is making a wall hanging to go on her new quilt shelf that her grandpa is making for her room. This was the first time she used pins in her sewing. Not to brag, but I think she is doing real good. :wink:

No broken needles!!!!
    Name:  Attachment-8352.jpe
Views: 8
Size:  66.7 KB

Emily sewing without any help
    Name:  Attachment-8468.jpe
Views: 7
Size:  55.3 KB

Quote Originally Posted by mgshaw
    Nice haul!!! Was this her first fabric shopping experience? Has she decided on a pattern yet to make with all her fabrics?

Yes Melissa, this was her first quilt store shopping outing. She told me that she like all the fabric and she is ready to go back to shop again. it was fun to watch her find different fabrics and patterns and to say grandma look what i found should we get some. :lol: :lol: I think we have created a little quilting monster in her. :lol:

Quote Originally Posted by Marcia
    Oh, I love to go shopping in a quilt shop---I miss the tactile experience. :mrgreen: You got some wonderful fabrics!! I am interested in the thread that Emily is showing us--can you tell me more about it?

I got the thread for her at Joanns. It was in a set called Gutermann creative. it had 14 spools of thread in it. Different shades of grays, brown, beiges, whites, cream and black. And she got an extra spool of purple just because she liked it and thought she needed it. It was marked 12.99 but was on sale for 6.99. We do love bargains. It is a 100% polyester sew all thread. That size of spool fits perfect on her Hello Kitty sewing machine.

Thanks everyone for all the nice comments, Emily just loves getting to sew and of course fabric shopping.

Quote Originally Posted by PamH
    Quote Originally Posted by mgshaw

Yes Melissa, this was her first quilt store shopping outing. She told me that she like all the fabric and she is ready to go back to shop again. it was fun to watch her find different fabrics and patterns and to say grandma look what i found should we get some. :lol: :lol: I think we have created a little quilting monster in her. :lol:

Well Pam if she is going to be a monster, Cant think of anything better than a little Quilting monster!!! She is doing great!!!!

She's doing real well! Can't wait to see it finished.

She looks soo happy :) Her wall hanging is starting out great! I cant wait to teach my daughter to quilt, but Im sure my son will be interested maybe before Abby will be..

That is so cute. It is great to see someone sewing at such a young age! Her work is great.

Boy, I'll say she's doing really good! Excellent! I wish I had started at her age.

I hope she stays interested! I never sewed until I was in my 20's and I wish I had started sooner!

Sooo awesome Pam!! Emily looks right at home :) You should brag, she's doing a fantastic job!!! I think it's so great that you all are getting to share such a wonderful hobby. You're teaching her skills she'll use and enjoy for a lifetime!! Its just great!! Keep it up gals!!

Thanks everyone, we are having a great time sewing, and watching her get excited every time she tries something new. More sewing time coming this weekend. :!:

Emily you are doing a great job!!!!
    You will be a really good quilter when you get older. Keep up the good work!!!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast