Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 24 of 146 FirstFirst ... 14 23 24 25 34 74 124 ... LastLast
Results 576 to 600 of 3629

Thread: Scrappy Quilt show - Right Here!! :)

  1. #576
    Izy
    Izy is offline
    Super Member Izy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Halifax, W. Yorks, U.K.
    Posts
    5,996
    Quote Originally Posted by MaryAnna
    Quote Originally Posted by Izy
    Quote Originally Posted by Quilt Fan
    That is beautiful. You have so many different fabric pieces. Is there a name for the pattern?
    Not sure if you mean my quilt thanks!.... but just in case you do, it is a variation of the Jacob's Ladder pattern, of which there are several. Basically it is made from 4 patches and HST in a 9 patch formation. Three 4 Patches running diagonally, with the HST placed with dark sides touching 4 Patches and two opposite corners turned dark side out which form the diamonds when blocks are turned...clear as mud?

    :lol: :D
    OK, Izy, you'll have to do a tutorial on this process now...because it is clear as mud! LOL!
    Blessings,
    MaryAnna
    You want me to do a tute on how to make a 4 patch or HST?? Oh come on you ALL know how to do that by now don't you?? LOL

    It really is just the way you lay them out in the individual blocks, have a close look at these pictures and hopefully you can work it out!

    ;-)

    This is eight blocks lay out, you can see how you turn the blocks to create the diamonds and cross pattern!
    Name:  Attachment-260384.jpe
Views: 2494
Size:  58.0 KB

    Back side of one block
    Name:  Attachment-260385.jpe
Views: 2476
Size:  51.5 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images

  2. #577
    Super Member quiltinghere's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Longarm Quilter NW Indiana
    Posts
    3,483
    Blog Entries
    1
    BeautifulBeautiful

  3. #578
    Super Member Teddybear Lady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    AR
    Posts
    3,322
    What! Only 39 pages of beautiful scrappy quilts. I guess it's time for me to go to bed then since it's almost midnight. I guess you all know what I will be dreaming about...beautiful scrappy quilts made from my scraps. :thumbup:

  4. #579
    Super Member Teddybear Lady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    AR
    Posts
    3,322
    Quote Originally Posted by Teddybear Lady
    What! Only 39 pages of beautiful scrappy quilts. I guess it's time for me to go to bed then since it's almost midnight. I guess you all know what I will be dreaming about...beautiful scrappy quilts made from my scraps. :thumbup:
    By the way, my avatar is a scrappy apple core I'm working on.

  5. #580
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    612
    Quote Originally Posted by grammy Dwynn
    Some of you were talking (Main) about liking (or not liking) scrappy quilts. And I thought we should have our own SHOW.

    If you have a scrappy quilt ~ controlled or not please share!

    Here are the ones that I have made over the years and have only put a very small dent in my scrap pile :roll:

    :mrgreen:
    Show us your scrappy
    Never thought I liked scrappy's till I saw yours! Maybe I will loosen up!

  6. #581
    Super Member lpsewing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Reading,Pa
    Posts
    2,044
    Wow,you sure are busy person.
    Terrfic quilts !!

  7. #582
    Super Member Havplenty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    MO (the Show Me state)
    Posts
    2,975
    Blog Entries
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by Izy
    You want me to do a tute on how to make a 4 patch or HST?? Oh come on you ALL know how to do that by now don't you?? LOL

    It really is just the way you lay them out in the individual blocks, have a close look at these pictures and hopefully you can work it out!

    ;-)
    it's amazing that using a pretty simple block can create such amazing quilts just by the layout. i think i got it (the layout, block creation) so i'm gonna try making one block & see how it goes. thanks again izy.

    oh are your block sizes 12.5 unfinished?

  8. #583
    Izy
    Izy is offline
    Super Member Izy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Halifax, W. Yorks, U.K.
    Posts
    5,996
    Quote Originally Posted by Havplenty
    Quote Originally Posted by Izy
    You want me to do a tute on how to make a 4 patch or HST?? Oh come on you ALL know how to do that by now don't you?? LOL

    It really is just the way you lay them out in the individual blocks, have a close look at these pictures and hopefully you can work it out!

    ;-)
    it's amazing that using a pretty simple block can create such amazing quilts just by the layout. i think i got it (the layout, block creation) so i'm gonna try making one block & see how it goes. thanks again izy.

    oh are your block sizes 12.5 unfinished?
    How lovely that you are inspired to try this out! No my blocks finished at 9", each 4 patch and HST were 3.5" unfinished using 2" squares for the 4 patch and 4" squares for the HST, can't wait to see what you make!:-D :-D :-D

  9. #584
    Junior Member Sandynorm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Bennington Vt
    Posts
    254
    what a great idea, here are a couple of my scrappy quilts...
    Attached Images Attached Images



  10. #585
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    York, South Carolina
    Posts
    263
    Sandynorm, all 3 of your quilts are beautiful! I especially like #3. AnnR

  11. #586
    Google Goddess craftybear's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Central Indiana (USA)
    Posts
    30,663
    Blog Entries
    194
    Wow, love all of the scrappy quilts photos, great job quilters

  12. #587
    Member CoolJulUtah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    59
    Quote Originally Posted by ctmhjenn
    Here are a couple of scrappys I made, first one was also a Mystery Quilt...a lot of half square triangles
    Is there a pattern for the top quilt with lots of triangles? Or a name I could look up? I love it!!!

  13. #588
    Super Member sawsan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Jordan
    Posts
    1,688
    Blog Entries
    40
    Quote Originally Posted by CoolJulUtah
    Quote Originally Posted by ctmhjenn
    Here are a couple of scrappys I made, first one was also a Mystery Quilt...a lot of half square triangles
    Is there a pattern for the top quilt with lots of triangles? Or a name I could look up? I love it!!!

    string or striped quilt made of stripes over a fabric or paper foundation triangle or (squares cutting into trys later)

  14. #589
    Member CoolJulUtah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    59
    This is the best quilt show I've ever "attended"!!! I can't believe you all have enough fabric that you call "scraps" to make so many quilts out of! Where do I find these patterns??? And dryer sheets??? Don't get that one! Since I'm just starting out I guess I'll have to go shopping for "scraps" instead of buying specific fabric for a pattern! Maybe just get fabric that's in the clearance section - a lot of these quilts you'd never know the fabric wasn't meant to go together! Thank you so much for sharing and getting me excited to go "scrappy"!!! :o)

  15. #590
    Senior Member ctmhjenn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Nine Mile Falls, WA
    Posts
    674
    I love this quilt. I posted one similar but yours is gorgeous!

  16. #591
    Senior Member ctmhjenn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Nine Mile Falls, WA
    Posts
    674
    Oh my, I love the double wedding ring. I would love to do one myself. Beautiful job

  17. #592
    Super Member Melinda in Tulsa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    Posts
    4,493
    Blog Entries
    62
    Wow, looking at this quilt show was an experience! :thumbup:

  18. #593
    Super Member deedum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bluebell
    Posts
    4,234
    a couple of my latest scrappies for charity!Ok, not the ones I wanted to show, gee where are all my pics?
    Attached Images Attached Images


  19. #594
    Senior Member I wonder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    La Pine, Oregon
    Posts
    624
    My favorite type of quilt! Never get tired looking at them! All one of a kind!
    Fabulous!

  20. #595
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Traverse City, Michigan
    Posts
    1,321
    Besutiful scrappy quilts

  21. #596
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Near Joliet, Illinois
    Posts
    309
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnR
    Sandynorm, all 3 of your quilts are beautiful! I especially like #3. AnnR
    Ditto :thumbup: :thumbup:
    Also, what is the name of #3??

  22. #597
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Near Joliet, Illinois
    Posts
    309
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnR
    Sandynorm, all 3 of your quilts are beautiful! I especially like #3. AnnR
    Ditto :thumbup: :thumbup:
    Also, what is the name of #3??

  23. #598
    Super Member quiltinghere's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Longarm Quilter NW Indiana
    Posts
    3,483
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by CoolJulUtah
    Since I'm just starting out I guess I'll have to go shopping for "scraps" instead of buying specific fabric for a pattern! Maybe just get fabric that's in the clearance section - a lot of these quilts you'd never know the fabric wasn't meant to go together! :o)
    Your stash of 'scraps' will grow before you know it. I like the idea of shopping the clearance rows.

    A lot of these scrap quilts look like their made with only a few different fabrics...whether in the same color group or different color group. You could start there with one color group and shop for 5 different fabrics.

  24. #599
    Super Member orangeroom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    2,480
    Blog Entries
    1
    Love the D9patch with hearts! I'm in the beginning stages of making a D9 patch. Mine looks horrendous. Need to change something. Think I'll turn it into one with hearts!

  25. #600
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    2,236
    Blog Entries
    2
    I have lots but here are two of my favorites,,,the centers are made from leftovers from OTHER scrappies..LOL!

    My own design
    Name:  Attachment-261944.jpe
Views: 3010
Size:  79.1 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 24 of 146 FirstFirst ... 14 23 24 25 34 74 124 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.