Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
scrappy quilt >

scrappy quilt

scrappy quilt

Old 04-09-2010, 10:42 AM

Originally Posted by Ditter43
Try an arrangement with color rows going across on the diagonal..I can see it in my head with alternating rows of color.

Ditter
That is what I was thinking too!
Old 04-09-2010, 10:51 AM

I love scrappy quilts - so I am biased!

But I love the way you have laid this out - I can see the diagonal idea too - but I think this layout is very imaginative. Keep going!
Old 04-09-2010, 01:45 PM

I sooo want to do a scrappy quilt. your set-up and colors are very pleasing to my eye. It will be great.
Old 04-09-2010, 02:18 PM

You cannot steal my idea because if it was firm in my head I would gladly give it to you. It is just that I have to look at your picture and think about it. Sometimes I dream about this stuff, wake up, and then I have my answer.
So sorry I cannot do more now but I still believe you have a lovely quilt, designed and made by you. The only mistake I see you made was in asking for everyones opinions. I already know this statement will not will me too many new friends but I like what you have done. No one here has come up with anything any better than yours.
Old 04-09-2010, 05:11 PM

Very pretty and it's unique. Let us share when finished, plz.
Old 04-09-2010, 05:18 PM
Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

Originally Posted by BarbM32
You cannot steal my idea because if it was firm in my head I would gladly give it to you. It is just that I have to look at your picture and think about it. Sometimes I dream about this stuff, wake up, and then I have my answer.
So sorry I cannot do more now but I still believe you have a lovely quilt, designed and made by you. The only mistake I see you made was in asking for everyones opinions. I already know this statement will not will me too many new friends but I like what you have done. No one here has come up with anything any better than yours.
Thank You anyway. I know exactly what you mean by dreaming about this stuff. I been dreaming about this one for days. I might have to finish it before I do the other 2 but I really need to get them done first. 1 project at a time. I really could use a couple of clones right now so that I could sit and sew. LOL
Old 04-09-2010, 06:14 PM

I hope none of you, my new friends, did not take offense when I said her quilt laid out her way looked better than the opinions offered to her. It is rather like shopping in all the stores and going back to the first one to buy what you want. Again, I meant no offense. I want to belong and enjoy all of you and look forward to hearing your opinions.
Old 04-09-2010, 06:21 PM
Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

I did ask for honest opinions and I got them even from you. If we all agreed then this QB would be pretty boring. I do hope no one took offense from you said.
Old 04-09-2010, 10:42 PM
Banned

that is really neat, cant wait to see it done. Penny
Old 04-10-2010, 12:50 AM

Showed my husband your layout - he loved it too! He is new to quilting and the bit he loves best is playing with layout!!

I was thinking - I just MAKE my quilts how I want them and when they are finished I either LOVE them or LIKE them - they are all my babies and then I learn from them and move on to the next one.. Does that make sence?