Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
scrappy reversible quilt to young lady with health issues >

scrappy reversible quilt to young lady with health issues

scrappy reversible quilt to young lady with health issues

Old 08-08-2012, 02:03 AM

That is a gorgeous quilt, I am sure the young lady will just love it. You & your grand-daughters did a wonderful thing.
Old 08-08-2012, 02:31 AM

Originally Posted by Maureen View Post
Very nice quilt. I'm sure having something like this to hold onto will help her know she isn't alone! Your granddaughters are learning a valuable lesson too. Good Grandma to teach them how to care for people in a special way!
Both points are so very true. You & your DGDs are angels here on earth to do something so nice! And the quilt is beautiful! I'm sure it will bring much comfort to this young lady! I'll keep her in my thoughts & heart!
Old 08-08-2012, 09:03 AM
Power Poster

Lovely quilt, and lovely GD's you must have to do this.
Old 08-09-2012, 04:25 AM

What a nice idea! I have a grandson who has seizures etc. and it is very distressing.
Old 08-09-2012, 04:56 AM

Originally Posted by patski View Post
beautiful quilt, has she been checked for food allergies? My daughter was 20 before we found out she was allergic to lettuce/celery/bananas and cherries! Thought she just dodged the dishes everyday.. Found out the salad was giving her horrible migranes and dizziness
My thoughts exactly. I used to be very ill like this and doctors tested for brain tumors etc. I kept a food diary to see if it was an allergy/intolerance. I no longer get sick unless I inadvertently eat apples or anything containing apples. It is worth a try to check that out.
Old 08-09-2012, 05:26 AM

Great quilt and what a sweet thing to do! I'm sure she will always treasure the quilt.
Old 08-09-2012, 05:26 AM

Should they find out what is causing her problems, please let us know. I like the quilt you "girls" did for her.
Old 08-09-2012, 05:30 AM

Originally Posted by grammatjr View Post
Thanks, she sure can use it. The whole family has health issues, but all have the most sweet spirits!
They DO need to get their house checked if they all have health issues. Also, it could be a familial thing that is passed on through generations. A friend in the Pacific Northwest was tested (one blood test) by a naturopath and found that she had allergies to ALL dairy, asparagus, wheat, cane sugar...so it would be worth checking to see if the doctor would pursue that angle. Blessings to you and your grands for caring and helping and blessings to this family.
Old 08-09-2012, 06:06 AM

Lovely quilt from lovely people.
Old 08-09-2012, 06:50 AM

Originally Posted by jitkaau View Post
My thoughts exactly. I used to be very ill like this and doctors tested for brain tumors etc. I kept a food diary to see if it was an allergy/intolerance. I no longer get sick unless I inadvertently eat apples or anything containing apples. It is worth a try to check that out.
I spent most of a year and a half in my bedroom with migraines until we realized that I'm intolerant to caffeine. I'm hoping she can figure out what her trigger is soon. It's terrible missing out on life.