Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Sewing Room >

Sewing Room

Sewing Room

Old 07-16-2011, 05:20 PM

Wonderful room. I am so jealous. Since my son-in-law took over the spare room for his 7 computers (he's a security computer person for a large local hospital) my daughter, granddaughter and I are relagated to the dining room for our sewing. His work is far more important than our hobby and love of sewing, so we don't mind. We just tell everyone who comes to visit "Welcome to our fabric shop"!! LOL
Old 07-18-2011, 09:29 AM

I was just reading everyone’s posts and I wanted to respond to all the questions I got.
The size of the room is approx. 15x12 it’s the den to our house and there is no closet in the room I wish there was one but that’s ok. The Drums were talking up about a 6x6 amount of space about 25% of the room.
Yes it is Henrietta whiskers on the back of the door. I have the first six blocks done and I have not had time to do this month’s block yet I need to get caught up. But it’s going to be a really great quilt I love the fabrics.
The quilt on my design wall is Affairs of the Heart and I have been doing it with all the other fantastic quilters on this board. If you want to see any of my blocks closer you can see them all by going to the AOTH main thread or if you go to my posts you can see all my blocks close up. It’s a great place to look because all the other ladies have done great work you can see all our blocks in on place.
Juki update. We found a used 5550-7 with a CP 130 computer unit this weekend and brought it home. We paid $1,000.00 it looks like it’s had very light use. It also has the automatic presser foot lift and thread cuter. The only thing that seem not to be working properly is the light and that very easy to replace. The Juki dealer were we live told us if we could get it for $1,200 it would be a good deal so I don’t fee to bad if we have to replace the light. She will have to wait until Friday to use it because I have to have a 220 plug put in the sewing room. I have the electrician scheduled for Friday morning. She has already named him Maximus after the horse in Rapunzel.
The dress on the form is one of my daughter’s many Renaissance outfits we made that one together. Now she is becoming a better garment sewer then me she is almost done with the two intro sewing classes she has to talk before she can start the program in the fall.
The last think I wanted to comment on is everyone’s comments about how clean it is. We’ll let me tell you I took the photo right after we reorganized and vacuumed. Trust me when the two of us are sewing it’s a disaster. I will admit I do vacuum every time I sew because I can’t stand how I get thread all over the entire house if I don’t.
Thanks for all the comments and questions. Lisa
Old 07-27-2011, 06:11 PM

Love the space your lucky for your own space. Sue
Old 07-27-2011, 06:14 PM
Cyn

Sew nice!!!!
Old 07-27-2011, 07:04 PM
Power Poster

Very nice room to sew in.
Old 07-27-2011, 07:09 PM

I have tried to keep everything in closets but I have decided I need some bookcases and storage bins. I got a new machine last month and do not want to put it in the closet. I have a work table but not to organized yet.
Old 08-01-2011, 04:11 PM

Great quilting room with wonderful natural lighting. Enjoy.
Old 08-21-2011, 06:47 AM

You have a big spacious room. Love it.
Old 09-27-2011, 04:35 AM

That is such a pretty pretty quilt on the wall............and love the dress on the maniquinn(spellin is questionable)

gettin ideas for sewing rooms
Old 09-27-2011, 06:01 AM

So nice and tidy! I'm really looking forward to having a nice tidy sewing room soon!