Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: sewing room

Really warm and comfy.
    Wayne & Gabriele, the married quilters.

Thank you for sharing your space! It looks wonderfully cozy and well-used! And that's exactly the purpose of sewing/quilting rooms!

Judy, you truly are blessed! That's why it's called "my sewing room", because it's the place that best shows who we are at heart. It's filled with things you love and that make you happy and content. That's what quilting is all about for me. I love your room!
    Kelly

I'll tell you a secret about my sewing room. When I posted pictures, I took all the clutter and put it in the garage so my room would look neat as a pin. Then I moved it all back in and the chaos that normally occupies my sewing space 24/7 was once again intact. I love your space. In my old house the family room was my favorite room to sew. We had converted one of the bedrooms into a sewing room but I felt isolated and lonely so moved a machine into the family room. At our new house I have a dedicated space for all my stuff with lots of windows and light and a view of the cows in the pasture next door. I need to get my quilts and stuff mounted on the walls like you did so I can enjoy them too!
    Thought for EVERY Day: You know all those things you've always wanted to do? You should go do them.

I would feel right at home in YOUR ROOM ! Hugs

Girl!!!! I would be right at home in your room!!! I may have to steal your latter idea!

I know one thing I love it I have my own sewing room I don't have quite as much stuff as you do.Isn't it neat to have your own place to sew and you don't have to
    put anything away when you are done or the day.

Happy Quilting
    "BIG SKY COUNTRY"

My kind of room. it

I love your room. It fits you and I would be so comfortable there with you. I ffered to trade my husband my sewing room 10x11 for his living room 18x14. He wouldn't go for it. But in his room he sits in one chair and watches TV. I LIVE in mine.

I love it just the way it is! It looks so fun and cozy to be in. I don't have a comfortable chair or a TV in mine...no room. So I haul some of my handwork out to the family room to work on. My fabric rarely goes back in the correct spot either.
    Kathleen, a lass with a bit of the Irish in her blood and a whole lot of Irish in her heart

Wonderful room and love the ladders!
    Born to Quilt, Forced to work.

Quilting, crocheting, sewing and crafting in my Sewing Room...Peaceful and wonderful !!
    What a cozy room !!
    When Life brings big winds of change that almost blows you over.Hang on tight and Believe.
    Words and hearts should be handled with care-for words when spoken and hearts when broken are the hardest things to repair. Author unknown to me
    Do what you feel in your heart to be right; for you'll be criticized anyway-Eleanor Roosevelt

Your room is as busy as mine, the only addition to mine is the hubby's computer station, which is just fine. I sew and he does his digitizing the embroidery patterns. Mostly he does trucks, bulldozers ,race cars any thing that's about motorized
    vehicles. Enjoy your room I do mine ,thanks for sharing.
    Freedom to speak is a gift ;please don't take it from us..

I absolutely love your room, but I could not work there. I guess I have ADD because I would be all over that room all the time! I know I could not concentrate. My BFF is like you and can get tons of work done in a cluttered room but whenever I go to her house, I take one project and try not to look around. She, on the other hand, will have two things or more going on at the same time and still cook dinner and mop her floor. I am jealous!

I love your space-very cozy and would make me want to close the door and quilt!! What really caught my eye is the green table with the large round drawer pulls. That just make me happy when I look at it!

Very warm and cozy.

I could spend all day in your room. It looks great to me.

Power Poster
    What a great sewing room, and it's less cluttered than my sewing room was before we moved to an apartment. Having room for a recliner is inspired, as well as hanging ladders from the ceilings for extra storage-excellent idea. Thanks for sharing your wonderful room.

my kind of space, love it

lue
    Well, I thought I had fabric until I saw yours! Great that you can watch the birds while you create. How fabulous! I can tell you have fun there! ENJOY! If I made a quilt a day (impossible given my schedule) for the next 10 years, I'd still have fabric left. But I'm on my way to Dallas and just HAVE to stop by the fabric wholesaler and load up my luggage!! So I completely understand!

I love your space! I am the same way, right now I am moving into my studio and the fun of re purposing and organizing. One day I will post my pictures. I love the old ladder system for display and organizing.

A great cozy sewing space!
    Be a blessing to others, as you may entertain angels unaware!

I wish my husband could understand how we quilters need our space to be arranged to suit us. He thinks I am disorganized, but I know where everything is and can find it immediately when it is needed. This room is my haven and he just hates it, complaining all the time and wanting it cleaned up--although when he doesn't know where to put something, it somehow finds its way into my room. I am looking for a folding screen that I can just shut off the world (I have an archway--not a door.) I love my room!!!!

Ahhh a place to die for or have I gone to heaven!! LOve it.

I wouldn't say it's cluttered because everything is in it's place. There are no "piles" being moved from point "A" to point "B" so you can work, sit or relax.
    I would say it's "tightly organized"

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast