Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Simple and quick tote >

Simple and quick tote

Simple and quick tote

Old 12-04-2010, 06:01 PM

Beautiful,no wonder they sold so fast.
Old 12-04-2010, 06:09 PM

Love the tote. Looks similar to the Totes I am making for my employees at work. How much are you selling them for? I will have some extras and was thinking about selling them so am curious what you sold yours for. What kind of batting or stabilizer did you use in your totes? It looks very firm so am wondering what you used. Thanks for the info.
Old 12-04-2010, 07:03 PM

Love the fabric, I can see why it was "snatched up" so quickly. Great job!
Old 12-04-2010, 08:36 PM
Google Goddess

great tote, thanks for sharing with us
Old 12-04-2010, 08:41 PM

Love the fabric! Looks like Christmas wrap! Where did you get the fabric?
Old 12-04-2010, 10:07 PM

Originally Posted by aborning
Love the tote. Looks similar to the Totes I am making for my employees at work. How much are you selling them for? I will have some extras and was thinking about selling them so am curious what you sold yours for. What kind of batting or stabilizer did you use in your totes? It looks very firm so am wondering what you used. Thanks for the info.
I made 2 sizes, $20 and $30, and the buyers said "thats all" so I suppose you could get more. I had a lady offer me $40 to make one. Which blew me away, theres no pockets! No closures. I made one tote for a lady that just wanted a simple bag to put her purse down in for the holidays. So I pulled this pattern out of my head. I didn't expect to get requests for more. In the lining I used a Fusible Pellon like they use in shirt collars. If you ask the clerk at joanns they have 2 different weights I use the heavier of the 2. I dont have the number because I throw the instructions away. On the outside fabric I used Pellon971 it too is a fusible. Those instructions are still in my trash can..LOL. I also use both fusibles in the handles. Good luck with your totes!
Old 12-04-2010, 10:15 PM

Originally Posted by fleurdelisquilts.com
Love the fabric! Looks like Christmas wrap! Where did you get the fabric?
I bought a long arm quilt frame off of craigs list. When I went to pick it up, I was leary about buying it because it was in pieces. The seller wanted to get rid of all his mothers old sewing supplies so he kept throwing in more items to get me to buy. It worked, 7 large boxes of fabric, a colapsable craft table, a large roll of batting, industrial sewing machine, a large box of sewing notions such as zippers and grommetts, lace. The old lady loved christmas, I would say more than half of her stash was christmas. So thats where I got the fabric. I actually thought about giving all the christmas fabric away because I dont like christmas fabric, but something told me to keep it.
Old 12-04-2010, 10:28 PM

Ok didn't expect the applause that I've gotten on this one, tell you what I'll do girls. I have to make more this week, so as I'm making I will take better measurements and pics to post a tute. The handle I have no idea how long I made them I just cut the width of the fabric, made handles by throwing them over my sholder to measure how long to cut them, as long as the tote nested in my armpit. That was the request of the reciepent. On a piece of paper I had scribbled these measurements and this is all I have at this time. Sides 9x21 bottom 12x21, and the rest I flew by the seat of my pants.
Old 12-04-2010, 11:07 PM

Originally Posted by leatheflea
I made a simple tote today. They only take a couple of hours. I was surprised at how well they sell. I didnt even get through the door before they snatched them out of my hand. Had requests for more.
I've still got a yard or so of that fabric from a couple years ago

good job with the tote.
Old 12-04-2010, 11:35 PM

Very nice.