Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Sneak peek ( Elle the new pic is on page 14) >

Sneak peek ( Elle the new pic is on page 14)

Sneak peek ( Elle the new pic is on page 14)

Old 07-21-2008, 05:18 PM

That quilt is so lovely Melissa, that if I were you, I might be tempted to put enough of a border on it to place the quilt blocks in the cener of the bed and have a border big enough to ang over.
YOU DID A LOVELY JOB!!!
Old 07-21-2008, 05:42 PM

Originally Posted by Riley
Would you be kind enough to tell me where you purchase your muslin? (I hope you order it?)

I love all the older Repos (C/W, 1930 repos, etc) I have a hard time buying good muslin with no LQS.

The DGD bought me some muslin that was Roc-Lon Brand from one of the Hobby Lobby stores . It is certainly OK(beggars cannot be choosers!) but it is a tad thin?

Yours does not seem to show your seam allowances through & I REALLY like that they do not show!

(Can you stand hearing it one more time? FABULOUS! :mrgreen: )

TIA! Riley
Riley-I have purchased Ecology Cloth from this company. It is a great weight muslin and works well with repro fabrics.

http://www.bellwetherdrygoods.com/services.html

I bought it at a quilt show and went back the next year for more! They hand quilt all the quilts they make and this fabric is great. It has a nice "hand" to it. You can contact them directly and they will sell it to you in 3 yard increments. I do not think you will be disappointed. I would be more than happy to send you a sample piece for you to try before you purchase. Just PM me.
Old 07-21-2008, 06:13 PM

Hey Marcia!!!!
Boy they do some quilting for the ELITE quilters!!! I saw that they do sell it by the bolt too! I have to go back and finish checking out that site!
Old 07-21-2008, 06:29 PM

Their ecology cloth is great too-good quality-would you like me to send you a piece to check out for yourself?
Old 07-21-2008, 06:34 PM

That would be great Marcia!!! Thank you! Thats not a bad price they a charging for it either!!! I looked at their gallery, really pretty quilts!!! The quilts are a little pricey tho!!! :lol:
Old 07-21-2008, 06:45 PM

There is an outdoor quilt show every year the first Sunday in Sept in the DC area. They have a huge exhibit area and have a lot of their quilts there for sale. You should see them in person!!!! They are so gorgeous. I have purchased the ecology cloth from them three times and bought a feed sack charm pack with 50 5" squares in it another time (I actually made a quilt with them too-no, that would be a quilt TOP I made-still needs to be quilted)
Old 07-22-2008, 05:06 AM

Oh I bet the charm pack was cute!!! If you go to the show this year get lots of pictures!!!!!!
Old 07-22-2008, 05:01 PM

I am going back to VA in Sept, but unfortunately it is not the weekend of the quilt show-maybe next year.
Old 07-24-2008, 09:23 AM

Marcia, I hope you see this & if you do not respond, I will get you a PM sent eventually. (That sounds ungrateful--my apology---I am keeping 2 G-Grands ages 3 & 4 while their Mommy is in the hospital with an appendectomy..whoa doggies, they are energetic! :) )

I wanted to thank you for the referal to the Ecology Cloth folks. I have been in contact with their daughter(she runs the web site) & I ordered the whole bolt. They do no credit card orders, it is money order or check.
So I sent them a check.

THANK YOU so very much!!!! I appreciate your tip on the cloth & am anxious for it to arrive, however long that might be! :mrgreen:

Riley
Old 07-24-2008, 10:20 AM

That is looking soooooooooooooo nice. You amaze me.