Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
So you all like my 'True Scrappy' Top...have a look at the scrappy backing! >

So you all like my 'True Scrappy' Top...have a look at the scrappy backing!

So you all like my 'True Scrappy' Top...have a look at the scrappy backing!

Old 09-05-2011, 02:00 AM
Izy

Originally Posted by Muv
Originally Posted by Izy
Originally Posted by nana pat
SQUIFFY? Never heard it before but like it well enough to ad it to my vocabulary. Great quilt.
Haha...I think it's a shorted version of 'Askew' or another one we tend to use over the pond is 'Skeewiff' not sure how to spell that one! So now you have more to choose from LOL

Thanks for the compliments everyone!! I will be layering it up over the weekend, then get started on the quilting :shock: :lol: :D
Lovely top, Izy, and a great back to go with it. I'm sure your husband will love his quilt - it sounds as though he has already enjoyed watching it take shape. I'm looking forward to the pictures of it once it's finished.

Skew wiff - crooked. My mum (from North Staffordshire) always said that, but my Dad (from South Staffordshire) didn't. So the burning question is, is it regional, and can we draw a line across the country???

As for standing on the settee to take the picture, I understand entirely. It takes true British determination to make and photograph giant sized quilts in confined spaces. My husband had to reverse halfway up the front room chimney last time he had to photograph a quilt for me.
LOL Muv, I have a rather bizarre image in my head of your husband dressed as Santa up the chimney now...guess I must be preparing early for the festivities tee hee! Yes, British houses aren't best suited for quilting are they? Our little cottage certainly isn't, I have just announced to John that he will have to lay on the sofa today instead of his favourite recliner so that I can clear enough space to layer this quilt up :-D :shock: (I think I will have to toss some furniture into the hallway :roll: :lol: :D

I wonder about the use of of skew wiff...I am not sure if it is regional, as I born in Scotland, although I have lived most of my life in Manchester we still speak a lot of Scottish within the family, so who the heck knows where I got that from!!

Thanks everyone who has sent me such warming well wishes for John and wonderful compliments, you all make such a difference to each day when I check in here :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
Old 09-05-2011, 03:54 AM
Power Poster

love it Izy. and yes, i can see the pattern, it is a quilt that says, come crawl up under me and get comfy!!
Old 09-05-2011, 03:57 AM
Izy

Originally Posted by Ninnie
love it Izy. and yes, i can see the pattern, it is a quilt that says, come crawl up under me and get comfy!!
Oh I hope so, as I want it to keep John safe and warm through his final days with this quilt....x
Old 09-06-2011, 09:45 AM

Izy its going to be a wonderful quilt. It's nice that your dear husband has an interest in it and that you are making it just for him. :)
Old 09-07-2011, 02:05 AM
Izy

Originally Posted by AngieS
Izy its going to be a wonderful quilt. It's nice that your dear husband has an interest in it and that you are making it just for him. :)
Thanks Angie, I am well on with the quilting now, just straight line stitching through the diagonal 4 patches and diamonds, so it should be finished soon

:-D
Old 09-07-2011, 06:59 AM

Can't wait to see it all done. ;)
Old 09-07-2011, 02:12 PM
Izy

Originally Posted by AngieS
Can't wait to see it all done. ;)
Thanks Angie...I have finished the quilting and stitched the binding on...rush rush rush as we are having a few days away and I wanted to hand sew the binding to the back phew! I will post pictures when we get back next week!

Thanks everyone for motivating me to get this done so quickly :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: