Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Some ideas for what to do with HST's

Ranger started a topic for what to do with her HST's, zyxquilts told me to put these on so everyone could see, so here are some suggestions. My mom was trying to figure out what to do with her scraps and needed some new patterns and ideas. I went to www.quiltblocklibrary.com and found these patterns to show my mom and see if she liked any of them. (She didn't.) I like them and maybe you would too.

It the pictures turn out too small but look like something you might be interested in, go to the website and look up the name to get a better view. Hope this helps. Let us see what you make. I love pictures.

Marilyn
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thank you - what great looking blocks.

Thanks for the ideas and all that work drawing them out!!

Thanks for the website and the drawings!

Thanks for sharing them with us. Some of them are really cool.

Thank you everybody.

Thanks! Your drawings are cool!

Thanks. :) I just found a baggie of the cutoffs from flying geese from another quilt and thought... I have FQs of that fabric left so what can I do with all those HSTs?

I like that site. Your drawings are inspirational! Thanks.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    thank you, I really like the twisted ribbon. I just can't afford the ink to print it. Penny

Quote Originally Posted by penny doty
    thank you, I really like the twisted ribbon. I just can't afford the ink to print it. Penny
    I can't afford the ink either. Mine's been out for about 3 months. I like the twisted ribbon too.

k3n
    Blog Entries
    Oh no not you again! (you know I'm kidding, right! :lol: )

Those are wonderful, who would have thought you could do so many variations with HSTs - lots of them were unfamiliar to me. And I love your little drawings - so cute. :-D

Blog Entries
    Danmar, your drawings really are inspirational. Thank you for taking the time to post these. The 'no name' ones appeal to me due to the total scrappiness look. I also like the Bachelor's Puzzle color 2. You have a lot of patience to draw all those....and so neatly.

Your help is appreciated. Have a great day!

Quote Originally Posted by k3n
    Oh no not you again! (you know I'm kidding, right! :lol: )

Those are wonderful, who would have thought you could do so many variations with HSTs - lots of them were unfamiliar to me. And I love your little drawings - so cute. :-D
    Oh no! It can't possibly be time to change my name yet! :lol:
    Glad you like them. I love looking for cool little patterns and then using my colored pencils to make me a copy. I also have about 6 pages of Star blocks done like this if anyone is interested. Thanks k3n!

Quote Originally Posted by ranger
    Danmar, your drawings really are inspirational. Thank you for taking the time to post these. The 'no name' ones appeal to me due to the total scrappiness look. I also like the Bachelor's Puzzle color 2. You have a lot of patience to draw all those....and so neatly.

Your help is appreciated. Have a great day!
    Thank you Ranger! How funny though! Don't look for the 'no name' one on the top row of page 1 anywhere though. I was suppose to be drawing the pattern below it and I messed up and didn't have enough rows, so I just made another version of it! :lol: Thanks, danmar

Quote Originally Posted by danmar
    Ranger started a topic for what to do with her HST's, zyxquilts told me to put these on so everyone could see, so here are some suggestions. My mom was trying to figure out what to do with her scraps and needed some new patterns and ideas. I went to www.quiltblocklibrary.com and found these patterns to show my mom and see if she liked any of them. (She didn't.) I like them and maybe you would too.

It the pictures turn out too small but look like something you might be interested in, go to the website and look up the name to get a better view. Hope this helps. Let us see what you make. I love pictures.

Marilyn
    I found lots of patterns on ask.com and then type in quilting. I started one called Roman Square its on page 2 here is a pic of the first block, made up of 4 squares. Lace

ps. all made from scraps!
    Name:  Attachment-4775.jpe
Views: 48
Size:  62.8 KB

LOVE that graph paper. I don't know what I do without mine.
    I print pictures of quilts off the internet then sit down with my graph paper, a colored pencils and a small pocket magnifier and draw them out. Then I figure out what size I want my blocks and that way I don't have to waste money on patterns. Unless, of course, it's one that I can't figure out.

Blog Entries
    oh my goodness, all those? great , thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by raptureready
    LOVE that graph paper. I don't know what I do without mine.
    I print pictures of quilts off the internet then sit down with my graph paper, a colored pencils and a small pocket magnifier and draw them out. Then I figure out what size I want my blocks and that way I don't have to waste money on patterns. Unless, of course, it's one that I can't figure out.
    Oh, me too! I look at the pictures of quilts or blocks and draw them out on my graph paper to make. My mom has been still using just notebook paper, so when she was here last time I gave her 6 sheets of graph paper. She said that she's buying some now. It comes in so handy!!! I love it too!

I buy the composition notebooks with graph paper in the office supply store. They are slightly smaller than full size notebooks and are easier to carry around but I also have some of the full size graph paper for larger projects. It's a relaxation for me to sit with my pencils and figure out quilt patterns. I did that with a pattern called Sunset that I thought the picture (with their colors) was homely. I drew out the pattern, made mine with different colors and loved it. I'll try to post a pix soon.

Great looking blocks.

Quote Originally Posted by earlylace
    Quote Originally Posted by danmar

Marilyn
    I found lots of patterns on ask.com and then type in quilting. I started one called Roman Square its on page 2 here is a pic of the first block, made up of 4 squares. Lace
    Thank you for your help Lace. I love HST patterns and any others come to think of it! :lol:

It is amazing that so many quilts can be made from one simple shape!!! Thanks for going through all the trouble to copy these for us!!

Ditter

Blog Entries
    Wow, I love the pictures and thanks for the drawings.

Quote Originally Posted by penny doty
    I tried going to the quilt block library site and it kept saying Fatal error. So, I made you a pattern for the block. I'm mailing it today. I didn't know what size finished block you wanted, so I made the pattern for 3 sizes. 7", 10 1/2" and 14". Let me know if the pattern works for you.
    Marilyn

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast