Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Some of My Dolls >

Some of My Dolls

Some of My Dolls

Old 04-26-2010, 11:37 AM

Those dolls are precious. You do a wonderful job! I love them.
dani
Old 04-26-2010, 08:38 PM

Originally Posted by nwm50
the dolls are manificent! The quilt they are sitting on are pretty too! If u ever decide to sell....mark them as "limited, one of a kind" and only sell what u have on hand? The enjoyment of being able to create these are astounding & I love'em all!
Thank you so very much for the great compliments! The quilt they are on was a purchased quilt and it's used as a tree skirt for one of our largest Xmas. trees at Xmas. Yes, that's a good idea about marking them limited, one of a kind. In fact, that's the only kind of creations I ever did were one-of-a-kind items with no two alike. Yes, they certainly are fun to make and might even make some more to sell through orders only. I'm so happy you love them ALL! I sold some that I loved and will have to recreate some of my favorites that are gone. Just seeing them again gave me more ideas to make them even more charming. Uh, oh, it looks like dollmaking is rising up again!!

:thumbup: :thumbup:
Old 04-26-2010, 08:39 PM

Originally Posted by Dani
Those dolls are precious. You do a wonderful job! I love them.
dani
Thank you so much, Dani!! I'm so glad you enjoyed seeing them and love my creations!

:D :D :D
Old 04-27-2010, 12:30 AM

Your dolls are fabulous; they definitely bring out the little girl in me! :)
Old 04-27-2010, 09:11 AM

Originally Posted by Soniboo
Your dolls are fabulous; they definitely bring out the little girl in me! :)
Thank you so much, Soniboo! When I was little I had a collection of int'l dolls dressed in their native costumes from each country and was so intrigued by them (I think it was around 20 dolls and they were little) that I think spurred me on to create dolls later in life. There's still a doll and little girl in all of us!!! :D :thumbup:
Old 04-27-2010, 12:21 PM

These are just beautiful!!!! And so cute!!!!! I love the ones with the quilts and chalk boards, so creative. I know making dolls are a lot of work. I made my children when they were small Raggedy Andy and Raggedy Ann. But if you had fun, that's what counts. I remember my mother making I think it was clowns from the air freshners years and years ago. She had them sitting everywhere and when someone came to visit, she would let them pick one. I think it's the kid in us that likes to make things like this, it's double enjoyment, you have fun making them and the person receiving it enjoys them. Sally
Old 04-27-2010, 01:26 PM

You've given me a great idea. Make several dolls and stuff them. Then clothe and paint them when the spirit moves me.!
Thanks.
Maelaide
Old 04-27-2010, 03:11 PM

Originally Posted by poultney
These are just beautiful!!!! And so cute!!!!! I love the ones with the quilts and chalk boards, so creative. I know making dolls are a lot of work. I made my children when they were small Raggedy Andy and Raggedy Ann. But if you had fun, that's what counts. I remember my mother making I think it was clowns from the air freshners years and years ago. She had them sitting everywhere and when someone came to visit, she would let them pick one. I think it's the kid in us that likes to make things like this, it's double enjoyment, you have fun making them and the person receiving it enjoys them. Sally
Thank you so much, poultney!!! Welcome to the board from VA! Yes, the dolls were loads of fun making and different accessories they hold make it interesting. Some of the spools from the necklaces were my emptied ones recycled (probably old too!) and other wooden spools were purchased. Chalk boards were purchased. Some faces were tea-dyed; others not. So yes they are much work but well worth the time spent to get the joy later. I laugh just looking at their pics as I had never photographed them before. Yes, it's the kid in all of us that touches us when we see them. So glad you enjoyed seeing my dolls and love them! Know your DM really enjoyed her working with them too! I think homemade dolls are irresistible! Thanks for looking! :thumbup: :thumbup:
Old 04-27-2010, 03:14 PM

Originally Posted by hilda Vest
You've given me a great idea. Make several dolls and stuff them. Then clothe and paint them when the spirit moves me.!
Thanks.
Maelaide
Yes, I love being prepared so always have a dozen or so on hand already made up to dress and accessorize when needed. If you're really in a bind, you can always purchase ready-made doll forms made of muslin and dress them up when you're ready. Yes, it's so nice to flow in the spirit when moved to create something spectacular!! Glad you are now loaded with some ideas!! Hope you'll post your creations for all to enjoy! Thanks for looking!

:D :D
Old 04-27-2010, 03:26 PM

These dolls are "dollicious!" You could charge a mint for them. You might want to reconsider. Sherry