Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Someone wants to see what I'm doing with my sailboat quilt >

Someone wants to see what I'm doing with my sailboat quilt

Someone wants to see what I'm doing with my sailboat quilt

Old 05-05-2009, 01:35 PM

Please confess - Did you design those motif's? Did you freehand them or draw them out first? Are the sailboats zigzag stitches or something else? Everything blends so well together, it's truly amazing.

I'm sorry to be so nosy but I just can't help it when I see something wonderful.
Old 05-05-2009, 01:35 PM

OOPS!! I stole kimmers reply. I didn't read all of the replys before I posted!! do I will say....DITTO to what kimmers said!!!
Old 05-05-2009, 01:57 PM

Jacque, this quilt is just wonderful. I am so in awe of your skill, I hope you will always post pictures of your things. I get great inspiration from your work!
Old 05-05-2009, 02:17 PM

LOVE IT!!!!
Old 05-05-2009, 02:23 PM

WOW! Please answer all the questions! Inquiring minds want to know! :lol: :lol:
Old 05-05-2009, 02:30 PM

As my Mother would say,OH MY Goodness! You really do fantatic work..
Love It
Old 05-05-2009, 02:46 PM

Love your quilt and the quilting is wounderful.
Old 05-05-2009, 03:22 PM

I've already replied once, but I just can't stop thinking about this quilt! I recently redid my guest room in a "coastal cottage" theme. I subscribed to Coastal Magazine for a year just for ideas! I always knew I wanted a special quilt for this room and I've put off making one until the absolute perfect quilt "spoke" to me. Well, Jackie, you made my quilt, LOL! I just didn't know it until I saw your's. Again, it's gorgeous and you have tremendous talent! It's so unique and different. You should enter this one and then show us all the blue ribbons you rack up!
Old 05-05-2009, 05:05 PM

Originally Posted by Shelley
Ok, Jackie, you overachiever!!! You're in the second session and you are WAYYYYY ahead of me. Man, I really need to get working on this....something about customer quilts taking priority...go figure! Looking good, girl. I may steal some of your stuff.....pilfering is allowed - Deb said so!
Come on, Shelley. Show them I'm not all that. I have a customer waiting because I wanted to learn more before I touched her quilt, our Marcia here. I know you can do better than I can. I can't wait to see yours and have you share it here with us. Hmmmm, maybe I shouldn't let them know about all the longarmers that do absolutely wonderful work. Don't want to ruin their image of me. ;-)
YOU ALL ARE WAY TOO KIND but I love it :oops:
Old 05-05-2009, 05:22 PM

Originally Posted by Butterfli19
Please confess - Did you design those motif's? Did you freehand them or draw them out first? Are the sailboats zigzag stitches or something else? Everything blends so well together, it's truly amazing.

I'm sorry to be so nosy but I just can't help it when I see something wonderful.
Here goes. The boats are embroidered with a $1.00 design I downloaded from Embroidery Library. Our longarm instructor (online class) gave us the layout for the quilt. I was supposed to make applique boats but I didn't want to (me, the rebel). Our instructor gave us a challenge to find our own quilting designs and we had to do a million freehand sketches (slight exaggeration) but she did give hints. I used a coloring book to find my dolphin and copied the other motifs from parts of various sources. LOL, I did freehand the starfish, like you couldn't tell that. I am also freehanding the water background, such as it is. I use water soluable ink and draw where I need to, like the dolphins, shells, seahorse. I freehanded the swirly thing in the one border, as you can tell. So, don't anyone look TOO closely. When you have your nose right there where your quilting, you see every little thing that isn't perfect and just want to scream when your hands don't do what you want them to. I'd be glad to answer any other questions that I didn't cover. I still feel like a newbie at longarm quilting.