Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Son's Wedding quit--DIAMONDS ARE FOREVER

You are so welcome. If I can save someone some frustration, then its worth it to me Im glad you found the book, its awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by fxsts93kf View Post
    Just wanted to say thanks so much for taking the time to answer questions. It really helps when we are truly interested in making the quilt vs. when we are just being curious. I know.... as quilters we are always curious about how, who, what and why! Thanks again and thank you for the inspiration! I found the book on Amazon!
    SUEB

Blog Entries
    Love it. Really like the blacks as background and the narrow blue border adds a very nice frame around her!

peace
    no act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. Aesop

I love your quilt. I'm sure your son will love it too. I hope you post another picture of it after it's quilted.

Wow a beautiful quilt. I won't tackle that at this point in time but maybe in a yr or so. Sue.

Blog Entries
    Going to order he book. Just love your quilt. Thank you showing the quilt and telling us the name of the quilt.
    Barb

Your quilt is stunning!! It will go on my list also.

Stunning quilt. I'm sure there's lots of love in there in addition to all the hard work.

Stunning! I love the black in this one! Kudos!
    ~ Kevin the Quilter ~

Beautiful!!!!

WOW it came out great and I love the name for a wedding quilt! Thanks for sharing!

Great job on this! Do show us when it is quilted too!
    Be a blessing to others, as you may entertain angels unaware!

I have this book, it is very pretty!

Wow...it's beautiful!!
    Grama Laura

Blog Entries
    Love it! Sending you a PM for tips and tricks.
    Joyce

Four things you can't recover: The stone.....after the throw. The word......after its said. The occasion.....after its missed. The time......after its gone

What a wonderful quilt!
    Mazda

Quote Originally Posted by suebee View Post
    Thank you all for your nice comments. And apologies to those I tried PMing suggestions to, I had a heck of time. So for everyone else putting this in their TO-DO's, here are some things I would recommend (for what its worth, LOL)
    1.YOU MAY WANT TO SPEND A LITTLE MORE ON THE STABILIZER…they call out “No Show Mesh Stabilizer”. I used what I had on hand and it worked but a bit bulky in certain points. (side note: I bought the “No show mesh stabilizer” from Nancys notions)
    2. cut the foundation stabilizer ½” larger than what they are calling out, then trim to size AFTER all your strips on sewn on. ALL stabilizers will shrink up from pressing.
    3. don’t use the stabilizer edge as a guide when trimming after strips are sewn on. Use your mat & ruler.
    4. pattern calls for ¾”,1”,1-1/4” and 1-1/2” strips, my suggestion here is probably most important tip: don’t use the narrower strips towards the outside of your squares, this causes more bulk you don’t want (in the corners)

HAPPY QUILTING ALL!
    Can I ask - are you saying you suggest using the "No Show Mesh Stabilizer" from Nancy's Notions or are you suggesting that we use something else less bulky? Also - I looked at your quilt and I'm not sure I understand about not using the narrow strip on the outside of the squares . It looks like that is a very small corner piece and it needs to be small. But I may not understand. I love your quilt so much it is my next project. But I need to find the book first. Thanks so much for sharing your quilt.
    Bernina 440QE
    Bernina 1150 serger
    Janome 1000CPX coverstitch

Diamonds are forever & this quilt is GORGEOUS! I know your DS & DIL will love, love, love this beauty! The black just really makes the colors pop... wow! Great job! Please post again after it's posted!!!
    (¯`v´¯)
    `*.¸.*´
    ¸.•´
    ¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)
    (¸.•´(¸.• (¸.•´¸¸.•¨¯`•.¸¸.♥ rebecca

Power Poster
    Awesome quilt! Love the colors!

Quote Originally Posted by Halfsquare View Post
    Can I ask - are you saying you suggest using the "No Show Mesh Stabilizer" from Nancy's Notions or are you suggesting that we use something else less bulky? Also - I looked at your quilt and I'm not sure I understand about not using the narrow strip on the outside of the squares . It looks like that is a very small corner piece and it needs to be small. But I may not understand. I love your quilt so much it is my next project. But I need to find the book first. Thanks so much for sharing your quilt.
    You dont "have" to use the No show mesh stabilizer.Just be sure you use something very fine (light weight) the reason is, there are many seams in this quilt and that adds bulk. Also, be careful if you use some other stabilizers....they shrink up when you press your seams. If nothing else ...make your squares bigger, then trim to size as noted in instructions. On the "narrow" piece in the corners.... let me just say, the more narrow your strips are, the more strips you'll be using, thus making more seams, causing more bulk. does that help??
    SUEB

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2