Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Starred and Feathered top is done! >

Starred and Feathered top is done!

Starred and Feathered top is done!

Old 04-13-2009, 06:56 AM

Beautiful Pam!!!!! I so love feathered stars!!!! :D
Old 04-13-2009, 07:00 AM

Pam, is this the quilt you just finished on your new machine?
Old 04-13-2009, 07:00 AM

Meant to add it is gorgeous. doe not look like an amature to me.
Old 04-13-2009, 07:03 AM

The log cabin blocks are perfect! Let us know how you decide to quilt it, and then, of course, we're going to want more pictures! Well done--you SHOULD be proud of this masterpiece!
Old 04-13-2009, 10:02 AM

I certainly know my children. I sent a picture of the top to my two daughters. The one that it is for hasn't replied. The other one said, "It looks good."

I sent it to a man-friend and he replies with some copy and paste horoscope thing about a project winning the prize. No other personal comment at all.

Need to adjust my expectations about reactions to my work.
Old 04-13-2009, 12:57 PM
Power Poster

OMG! That came out perfect, pam! What a nice job you did. It came out just like the picture! Now.... I can't see one thing wrong with it anywhere, you need to give yourself a big pat on the back for finishing it so soon. That is one ton of work sitting there and a Beautiful job!

If you are just starting out, I think you are going to be one of those quilter's we read about in the magazines. REALLY! Love it !!!

If other people understood how much love care and work you put into that quilt top they would faint! Often it is after they have it in thier possesion for a while that they come to love it. Hey, how about taking those girls to a trip to the quilt store, then they might get a clue.
Old 04-13-2009, 01:17 PM

It's wonderful to have been able to share in the process of this gorgeous quilt top. I am amazed at the speed with which you put this very challenging work together.

It is tuly beautiful, and you most certainly can feel very proud of yourself for the results of your hard work!!

Please continue to amaze us.
Old 04-13-2009, 01:22 PM

Pam

Stunning, absolutely stunning - what else can I say. Love the feathered stars too.
Sorry I'm a newbie so I'm a little lost when it comes to advice on quilting it.
It will be perfect which ever way/design you choose as I have seen your work & it's all fab :wink:
Don't forget to give yourself a huge well earned pat on the back too for yet another work of art you have produced :D

Tisha
Old 04-13-2009, 01:26 PM

Originally Posted by pittsburgpam
Need to adjust my expectations about reactions to my work.
I've thought about this statement a lot since I saw it. My first reaction was to scream NO! You have every right to expect great reactions, that quilt has a huge amount of effort put into it, it's stunning.
Then I started to think "maybe you're right". When I made quilts for my neice and nephew, out of their late father's clothes, I fully expected my sister (their mum) to not appreciate either the time involved, or the random nature of the colours. She is very sophisticated in her tastes, and these quilts were scrappy colours. But she absolutely loved them, and most surprisingly, recognised how much effort they had taken. I knew she would appreciate them, but the extent of it was a pleasant surprise. I kept my expectations low, it was enough for me that I knew what was involved, and that my partner had seen how much effort it took.

There are a lot of things in life that look easy, but aren't. And the catch is... if you've done a fabulous job it WILL look like it was easy. ;-)
And that's what this place is for.... we know how much work has gone into it, we appreciate the time it's taken and we certainly know the pain of seams that don't quite match and have to be redone. We know you don't just "whip up" a quilt of that calibre.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, don't let their lack of reactions get you down. We think you're just wonderful! :-)
Old 04-13-2009, 01:44 PM

Your quilt turned out just lovely!! :D
I love the border, was that the difficult part?
Thank you for sharing.
Cheryl
:D :D :D