Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
The start of another quilt  by danmar >

The start of another quilt by danmar

The start of another quilt by danmar

Old 08-01-2010, 06:53 AM

Originally Posted by nwm50
To Danmar~~~~Neato!!! That's my Bd 1-27 ! Love your tute and the way you can get your colors together.You're young to have g gk already..whoo. But aren't gk wonderful? fill'em up with sweets and then send them home! LOL, I have custody of one of GD though...keeps me young.
Thank you, nwm! I love my gk's the most. I'm looking forward to being a g gm. Unfortunately, none of my 10 gk's live around me. I'm in Kansas. They are in Texas, Nebraska, and Wyoming.
I would love!!!!! to live near them! I am missing out on soooo
much!
Old 08-01-2010, 09:22 AM

All the more that gives u a reason to visit and stay a bit before the next one! Or they come stay with you for the month while out of school. I am lucky all mine lives in the same city!
Please keep us informed continously with your amazing quilting and ideas! I really look forward to seeing what you have made.
I have fabrics now and need to start doing some serious quilting! I need motivation!! Scared to cut into that nice fabric and mess up sewing on it!! LOL
Old 08-01-2010, 02:47 PM

All the more that gives u a reason to visit and stay a bit before the next one! Or they come stay with you for the month while out of school. I am lucky all mine lives in the same city!
Please keep us informed continously with your amazing quilting and ideas! I really look forward to seeing what you have made.
I have fabrics now and need to start doing some serious quilting! I need motivation!! Scared to cut into that nice fabric and mess up sewing on it!! LOL
Hi nwm! You are very lucky! I am getting ready to tie the throw that I made for my SIL right now. (My brother's wife, Sherry.) When I am done with it and get it in the mail, I will be starting another quilt. I am anxious to start on it, as I think it will be different, kind of challenging, and I'll be lucky to make it come out beautiful, which I require of myself. I'll probably tell everybody who's interested the story when I get ready to start it. I'll post it soon in the Main section. Watch for it!

What kind of quilt did you get the material for? What are you going to make? Talk to you later.
Old 08-02-2010, 05:22 PM

Danmar.....i have a long, long, long list of pattern that i want to do! Want to try the dp9, square in a square, 9 patch and the lil twister. Trying to get up more $ for the lil twister tool and need the drunkard pattern for this cute bow tie pattern. Have fun, will watch for your next posting!
Old 08-02-2010, 08:08 PM

Danmar.....i have a long, long, long list of pattern that i want to do! Want to try the dp9, square in a square, 9 patch and the lil twister. Trying to get up more $ for the lil twister tool and need the drunkard pattern for this cute bow tie pattern. Have fun, will watch for your next posting!
I have posted 2 new topics now. One is about Paulines quilt I'll be making next, called "My upcoming quilt....or disaster." Plus, I just received notice this evening that I am a finalist in the McCall's Quilting contest. I posted, "I'm a finalist in the McCall's Quilting contest" earlier. They are both in the Main section. Post pictures of whatever you end up making.
Marilyn
Old 01-03-2011, 12:41 PM

I just love looking at your blocks! You make it look so easy:)
Old 01-03-2011, 02:16 PM

hey danmar....how did you do on that McCalls contest or has it not ended yet? I have great faith in you being the top #1 quilter!! Fabric thqat i brought but not tried yet is the sq in sq and twister....looks like it will be a little while before i start a big project, so far i have done a simple 4 block lap and couple mug rugs...sigh....one day....one day....one day, i will follow up on my to do lists! LOL. Meanwhile im keeping an eye on your tute/progress
Old 01-13-2011, 07:25 AM

hey danmar....how did you do on that McCalls contest or has it not ended yet? I have great faith in you being the top #1 quilter!! Fabric thqat i brought but not tried yet is the sq in sq and twister....looks like it will be a little while before i start a big project, so far i have done a simple 4 block lap and couple mug rugs...sigh....one day....one day....one day, i will follow up on my to do lists! LOL. Meanwhile im keeping an eye on your tute/progress
Hi nwm! Thank you! I was eliminated from the competition after the 2nd challenge round. The 3rd and final round is going on now at www.mccallsquilting.com Voting is through Feb 2nd I think. I'm looking forward to seeing your projects.
Marilyn
Old 01-13-2011, 07:28 AM

Originally Posted by sueisallaboutquilts
What a gorgeous block!!!!!!!!!!! TFS :D
The problem with this board is I get way too many ideas- can't sew nearly as fast :D:D:D
This is my problem too! Gorgeous block!! :thumbup: :D