Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Pictures
  • Storing Batting by the Bolt >
  • Storing Batting by the Bolt

• Storing Batting by the Bolt

Old 08-31-2010, 10:36 AM

Thank you, I have added this to my DH honey do list. If this keep's up I may be ban from this site.
    Old 08-31-2010, 10:37 AM

I did it a little differently. I put 2 large cup hanger screws in the ceiling studs, ran chain from 1st hook down thru the plastic pipe and up to the other hook. I made sure that it hung close but not touching ceiling. I have 9 ft ceilings so you can actually walk under these. I have three rolls up and my son call it my padded cell.
    Old 08-31-2010, 11:19 AM

i solved a couple problems like the pictures show, shelving to store my thread etc on, my bad lighting solved with cheap shop light, and pocket thingy i made and thumb tacked to wall for holding light weight "stuff".

shelving
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]108266[/ATTACH]

lighting
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]108267[/ATTACH]

for 'stuff'
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]108268[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-108261.jpe   attachment-108262.jpe   attachment-108263.jpe  
    Old 08-31-2010, 11:31 AM
    Bev

I love this section. it's got some good things going on. I hope everyone gets the word about it.
    I'm going to be moving into a smaller home in a few months and will need all the help I can get to fit my stuff into it. I'll have to condense my quilting things into a smaller space. Oh woe is me!!!
    Old 08-31-2010, 12:03 PM

Some one asked about using those chrome shelving units. I have two, a five foot tall one in the closet and a shorter one in the room itself. The closet one I use for all sorts of stuff, quilting magazines in those upright magazine files, wall hanging sized quilts and table runners that I switch out during the year, photo boxes that I store patterns in (they're just wide enough to stand the patterns up in so you can thumb through them. Freezer paper, the hard cover for my Bernina (now that thing is a space hog!) are on the shelves too. The shorter one my DH cut down to made about 35 inches tall. He made a table top for it with an egg-and-dart molding across the front and sides. It has a curtain on a tension rod accross the front. I keep most of my kitted up projects there. With the curtain it hides the clutter and I really need that. It could be used as a cutting table if it were a little taller, but I already have one I love so it's for storage and display. It also has really big wheels on it so I can move it if I need to. Theshelf units can handle a lot of weight which I like.

In addition I have those Closet Maid wire baskets on the runner frames. We topped them with laminate counter top from Home Depot. My biggest problem is I have 5 pounds of stuff for a 3 pound sack. The over flow goes in the translucent file boxes from Office Depot. I can see what's in there but it's contained. Next project is the over the closet cornice that will have a roll up design wall.
    Old 08-31-2010, 12:14 PM

Originally Posted by dojo36
    i solved a couple problems like the pictures show, shelving to store my thread etc on, my bad lighting solved with cheap shop light, and pocket thingy i made and thumb tacked to wall for holding light weight "stuff".
    Wow 3 problems resolved! Hope they don't get lost in THIS title thread.
    Old 08-31-2010, 12:24 PM

Originally Posted by quiltinghere
    Wow 3 problems resolved! Hope they don't get lost in THIS title thread.
    Quite right! I would encourage everyone who has an idea to post them with pics, and add them to the virtual section under a separate heading. :) That way we can find them easily. :)
    Old 08-31-2010, 12:42 PM

Great idea - and thanks for sharing this. Hopefully I'll be able to add something to this section that will help others!!
    Old 08-31-2010, 12:53 PM

Originally Posted by MaryStoaks
    Super :thumbup: :thumbup: and thanks for including pictures!
    Yes, I agree with Mary. Please share pictures when posting your ideas (if possible). It really helps visual learners like myself.

Great idea Michael, creating this thread! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
    Old 08-31-2010, 12:56 PM

Your pocket 'thingy' is terrific. It gave me a great idea for storing all of the stabilizers I use with machine embroidery. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: