Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Pictures
  • Storing Batting by the Bolt >
  • Storing Batting by the Bolt

• Storing Batting by the Bolt

Old 08-31-2010, 01:03 PM

It could be an obviously dumb question but how does one go to the virtual section and find this or any other virtual topic. Thanks in advance. Sometimes I am just a little slower than everyone else!
    Old 08-31-2010, 02:56 PM

Originally Posted by dar627742
    another way i've found works well are the "space bags"[if you don't buy by the bolt}it is amazing how little space batting takes up when put in these bags!
    dar

thanks for this idea. I have the bags and never thought to use them for batting. Now I will have more room for fabric...I am in the process of painting, flooring and purging in my sewing room, you know this thread is going to come in handy.
    Old 08-31-2010, 02:58 PM

Wonderful idea by the way Mike, thanks for jumping in there for us!!!!
    Old 08-31-2010, 02:59 PM
    Bev

Originally Posted by SewExtreme
    It could be an obviously dumb question but how does one go to the virtual section and find this or any other virtual topic. Thanks in advance. Sometimes I am just a little slower than everyone else!
    Well, if you're slow, I'm even slower. I was going to ask the same question. I've been to the "virtual section" but I wouldn't know how to put anything on it, or for that matter find anything on it. When I looked at it a while ago (today) I couldn't see anything on it. How about giving us "slow" people a few tips about it.. ;-)
    Old 08-31-2010, 03:15 PM

If you go to the bottom of this page and click on virtual it takes you to a list, go down to almost bottom of list and click on Sewing rooms - Ideas & Inspiration that will take you to Sewing room - Smart Ideas. Then Bookmark for future use. Hope this helps
    Gail
    Old 08-31-2010, 03:19 PM

Love your idea about the batting- thanks for sharing!
    Old 08-31-2010, 05:41 PM

Originally Posted by quilthappygail
    If you go to the bottom of this page and click on virtual it takes you to a list, go down to almost bottom of list and click on Sewing rooms - Ideas & Inspiration that will take you to Sewing room - Smart Ideas. Then Bookmark for future use. Hope this helps
    Gail
    Gail, thank you so much. When you said 'bookmark' did you mean 'subscribe'? I clicked subscribe and it now puts it on my homepage choices so I can get it from there.

Just like Bev in Florida, I thought I looked all over trying to find out where to find this site and here it was at 'the bottom of the page' ALL the time. What ever I am looking for is usually sitting right in front of me. My husband and I help each other out. When I am looking for something and can't find it, I call out to him to come look with his additional 2 eyes. In our home 4 eyes usually work better than 2 eyes! Thanks again. :thumbup: :-D :thumbup:
    Old 08-31-2010, 05:52 PM
    Bev

Many thanks to Gail. Here it was down at the bottom of the page. Would you believe I have never even looked at the bottom of the page? And HOW many years have I been on this board? Oh yeah, since Nov.22, 2006! Duh!!! How dumb is that?
    Here's another thing, when I went to check on my "Bookmarks" I had two already there! That's not counting this new one. Now where did they come from? I never knew I had them. OK, I give up!!
    Old 08-31-2010, 08:20 PM

Originally Posted by dar627742
    another way i've found works well are the "space bags"[if you don't buy by the bolt}it is amazing how little space batting takes up when put in these bags!
    dar
    Well, duh! Why on earth didn't I think of that. I have a large garbage bag full of batting pieces that belong to my church's Ladies group and it is taking up so much room! I will be using them in future Quilt as you go projects. Glad this section was started and our members are willing to share.
    Old 09-01-2010, 03:30 AM

hate to appear stupid but what is a "space" bag?