Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Stu-Stu-Studio >

Stu-Stu-Studio

Stu-Stu-Studio

Old 05-26-2010, 08:35 AM

This a way cool sewing studio. I love it!!!
Old 05-26-2010, 09:18 AM

That's a great space, especially with that flat screen and two sweet sewing machines! And, re-using is a great idea!
Old 05-26-2010, 10:09 AM

Originally Posted by miholmes
Okay....some people are blessed with an acctual ROOM to dedicate to this addition called quilting. I was told I could use the basement.... :cry:

So I've been trying to get things put together for awhile. It's nothing beautiful....it's not a decorating triumph....but when I look at it I sigh a happy sigh, knowing I can have all my things setup and can leave them setup.

Anyway this is a hodge podge of items left over from when we purchased our new house. The previous owner passed away and they left most of the possesions in the house. It's a combination of old kitchen tables and and island from the kitchen before we remodeled it (which btw works GREAT as a cutting table). Old lamps, etc....but hey nice to be able to repurpose it instead of putting it in the landfill. :)

I still want to paint the knotty pine (the entire basement, and kitchen were knotty pine)And someday I will drywall the basement and make it more of an acctual from....but right now I want to spend that money on a frame to put on the opposite wall :)

At first I was kinda not excited about having the basment, but I am able to spread out, and it's nice and cool in the summer here. Anyway here it is....not much but I LOVE it! :)
Well done! So bright and cheerful. I am sure your creativity will blossom here!
Old 05-26-2010, 11:07 AM

It's a great room, spacious and open. What's not to like? Lots of room to spread out and be creative.
~Deb~
Old 05-26-2010, 12:19 PM

What a great room you have. I just love knotty pine and would keep it. It's really nice that you have friends to quilt with. Thanks for mentioning the batting on Joann's the other day. I ordered it on line and had 50% off. Joyce Ann
Old 05-26-2010, 12:20 PM

I only wish for a studio like that one ... would be nice with my new longarm machine though ...
Old 05-26-2010, 12:26 PM

Looks good to me. Light, bright, organized.

I'll give you the knotty pine out of my kitchen if you come get it. I hate it. Alway's catching my nails on the seams and ripping them.
Old 05-26-2010, 01:33 PM

it looks pretty great to me! I have a small 6'x6' room (actually a repurposed storage closet) that is my sewing area so I am totally jealous.
Old 05-26-2010, 03:47 PM

I'm sew jealous of your BASEMENT!!! I'd get a divorce and move to have that basement. I live in FL., NO basements here,lol!! I guess I'd rethink the divorce(he's a great guy), but I would move!! Do you need a roommate?
Old 05-26-2010, 03:51 PM

a friend of mine has a "studio" she bought- it is shaped like a tea pot on the outside, complete with spout. It is so cute. she wanted to sell it, but it wasn't big enough to quilt in.
I like your basement work space. It is really neat.