Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 175 of 316

Thread: Stunning Quilts

  1. #151
    Super Member luvstoquilt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Yorkville, IL
    Posts
    4,690
    Blog Entries
    3
    What a lovely quilt show...so much fun...thanks for showing us...each one is absolutely beautiful..they truly look like show quilts!
    "You must do the thing you think you cannot do"....E. Roosevelt

    Sharon
    Yorkville, IL

  2. #152
    Super Member nygal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    5,648
    Name:  Crazy Quilt Top Done 002.jpg
Views: 1569
Size:  127.8 KBI guess my favorite of all time is the Crazy Quilt that I made about six years ago. Probably because I chose all the fabrics and the embroidery designs and did some of the decorative stitches myself. I took me about two months to make it.
    The backing is a very light weight black courdory that already had red embroidered roses on it. That was such a great "find" when I went to the fabric store!!
    When it seems like the world is falling to pieces remember that the pieces are falling into place. We are nearing closer to the End Times.

  3. #153
    Senior Member Janquiltz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Peoria Arizona
    Posts
    696
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by JenniePenny View Post
    Here is my lovely "Venetian Solitaire". this took about 6 months to piece, and more than a few years to simply gather all the different fabrics. The cutting was the crucial and time consuming part. Each triangle of each card had to be fussy cut.
    Outstandingly beautiful - love the colors and the patterns made by each card-trick! Wow! Did you hand or machine applique the card-tricks onto the background fabric?
    Jan

  4. #154
    Super Member JenniePenny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    New Hampshire
    Posts
    4,532
    Quote Originally Posted by Janquiltz View Post
    Outstandingly beautiful - love the colors and the patterns made by each card-trick! Wow! Did you hand or machine applique the card-tricks onto the background fabric?
    Thanks Jan!
    The cards were not appliquéd to the background - they are all (machine) pieced blocks . the quilting may give an illusion of the cards being raised slightly from the background.
    "He who masters the grey everyday is a hero."
    https://www.etsy.com/shop/PeachPalaceDesigns

  5. #155
    Senior Member mustangquilts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Idaho wilderness area
    Posts
    373
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Snooze2978 View Post
    As I don't have many quilts under my belt, I'm very happy how this controlled scrappy Pineapple Blossom from Quiltville came out for me.
    Your quilt is beautiful and the quilting is out of this world. Awesome JOB!!

  6. #156
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    1,249
    thank you, ladies for sharing your amazing work!!

  7. #157
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    243
    Sure is pretty; I make Wedding Ring Quilts; I have tried all the patterns out there; the best that I have found is the Flynn Pattern with cutting the end triangles on the bias(thats the secret) to fitting the rings together easily. So, now you know--Shar cuts the ends on the bias but uses individual squares for the rings and Flynn uses a strip method for quick cutting of the rings and even though you have to go back and restitch each square to a small angle; to me its faster than individually sewing each block. No matter how many Wedding Ring Quilts I have made they all take about the same amount of time 2 to 3 months just for the top. I tried the ironing ring method and it seemed to tideous to me. I have even had my DH pin my pieces as I sewed and its still took 2 to 3 months. But its a quilt worth doing. The last one I did; I bought tone on tone white at Wal Mart for the background and used red and blue rings; I walked by one night to the kitchen and looked in and saw a glow coming from the sewing table, it was the white fabric. Wow, what a suprise. Any way I guess I am long winded. The main idea is to enjoy the process and have fun doing it. This is a great thread and so many beautiful quilts. Arn't we blessed to be able to know how to quilt and put miscl. fabric together and share with each other. Great Job --------(I wish I know how to put pictures in).

  8. #158
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    290
    Quote Originally Posted by quiltapillow View Post
    Sure is pretty; I make Wedding Ring Quilts; I have tried all the patterns out there; the best that I have found is the Flynn Pattern with cutting the end triangles on the bias(thats the secret) to fitting the rings together easily. So, now you know--Shar cuts the ends on the bias but uses individual squares for the rings and Flynn uses a strip method for quick cutting of the rings and even though you have to go back and restitch each square to a small angle; to me its faster than individually sewing each block. No matter how many Wedding Ring Quilts I have made they all take about the same amount of time 2 to 3 months just for the top. I tried the ironing ring method and it seemed to tideous to me. I have even had my DH pin my pieces as I sewed and its still took 2 to 3 months. But its a quilt worth doing. The last one I did; I bought tone on tone white at Wal Mart for the background and used red and blue rings; I walked by one night to the kitchen and looked in and saw a glow coming from the sewing table, it was the white fabric. Wow, what a suprise. Any way I guess I am long winded. The main idea is to enjoy the process and have fun doing it. This is a great thread and so many beautiful quilts. Arn't we blessed to be able to know how to quilt and put miscl. fabric together and share with each other. Great Job --------(I wish I know how to put pictures in).
    here ya go:
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/qb-help...s-t168819.html

  9. #159
    Member CanukNana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Grand Bend, Ontario
    Posts
    41
    I think this is awesome

  10. #160
    Member calmarek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Central Valley California
    Posts
    45
    Blog Entries
    73
    I am so impressed by all the beautiful quilts shown in this thread. The quilt I am most proud of is the one I made using Jinny Beyers' free pattern called Seaside Stars. I made it from fabrics I bought at a batiks factory in St. Lucia when my husband and I went on a Southern Caribbean Cruise for my 60th birthday. I thought this pattern would be perfect for my batiks, but didn't realize it had all those BIAS edges! I had to be extremely careful not to stretch everything out of shape! lol It took me about 2 months to make, and I love the way it turned out!!

    Name:  St. Lucia Stars 3 Top.JPG
Views: 1440
Size:  218.5 KB

  11. #161
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    the beach
    Posts
    558
    I am sitting here looking at all these incredible quilts (Snooze2978's gets my vote for the best of the best,) ooh-ing and aah-ing at every image. My DH started to wonder what I was looking at and I told him "quilt porn." It certainly is a not-so-guilty pleasure to drink in the fruits of the work of these amazing quilters.

    Thanks so much to all of you for sharing.

  12. #162
    Super Member watson's mom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Maidstone, Ont. Canada
    Posts
    2,542
    Quote Originally Posted by morelcabin View Post
    Have to say that one REALLY caught my eye!
    I downloaded a picture of this quilt the first time I saw it posted and bought the same fabric to make it. It is on my list. Love, love, love this quilt. They are all nice but this is my hands-down favourite. Thank you for sharing again.

  13. #163
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    290
    Yes.....thank you! These are ALL truly incredible!

  14. #164
    Super Member watson's mom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Maidstone, Ont. Canada
    Posts
    2,542
    After looking at all the quilts posted I have to say these are some of the most beautiful quilts I have ever seen. Thank you to everyone for taking the time to share.

  15. #165
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Beatrice, NE.
    Posts
    83
    I have been wanting to try the Double Wedding Ring but not sure if I am ready for that big of a challenge. I helped my grandma hand quilt hers but I don't know who got it after she passed. So would really like to make one. Love yours.

  16. #166
    Super Member Bonbonary's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    1,311
    Blog Entries
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by bailey View Post
    Not sure about stunning but I love this quilt because it is the first one I ever made that my son actually liked. He even asked for this one. Yoohoo!!!! It is a OBW that I added applique to.
    Attachment 386837
    Bailey, I think that definitely qualifies for the stunning category. I've never seen one with the appliques like yours. The animals are perfect and really make your quilt special.

  17. #167
    Super Member Bonbonary's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    1,311
    Blog Entries
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by LyndaOH View Post
    My most stunning and favorite quilt has to be my Sylvia's Bridal Sampler, called Sylvia & Louise. I made it in the year after my mother, Louise, passed away. It was definitely my therapy and got me through that tough time. It's held together with thread and tears and there is love in every stitch. Miss you, Mom!
    That is amazing, Lynda. Your mom would be so proud!

  18. #168
    Super Member fireworkslover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    St. Cloud, Minnesota
    Posts
    1,643

    Stunning Quilts

    Quote Originally Posted by fireworkslover View Post
    My quilt I made for a fireworks quilt challenge titled, " Ooooh, An Eight Break Snail Shell", is my best work so far. The pattern is by Pat Wolfe called "Circle of Fire". She created one circle and I made them different sizes and colors. Six are paper pieced and range in size from 8.5" to 19" in diameter pieced. The two smallest are 7.5" & 6" diameter and they are fused. The quilting lines extend out further on all circles to expand each break to a larger area covered by stitching. Each star is made from 8 diamonds. Two pie shaped triangles are sewn to the diamond to form 1/8 of the circle. The dark gray/black background fabric I chose, also had a subtle snail (spiral) print on it in various dark values of gray. I fmq on my domestic machine. I originally was going to make it in sections and then sew it together, but decided partway through to sew the whole top together and then fmq it. I used metallic, polyester and silk threads for quilting. Finished size is 63" X 74". It took me about 6 months to make. I took First Place in the Quilt Challenge and People's Choice for the Art Show at the Pyrotechnic Guild International Convention in 2010.

    My picture failed to load. I'll hopefully get one to work soon.
    OK, I hope this works.
    Attached Images Attached Images

  19. #169
    Super Member MaggieLou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Statesville, NC
    Posts
    1,448
    Fireworkslover that definitely qualifies as stunning. Did you have a pattern or just made up one? I'm a fireworks lover too.

    All these quilts are stunning.
    Margaret

    "If the devil could dance in empty pockets, he'd have a ball in mine."

    Life is a coin. You can spend it any way you wish but you can only spend it once.

  20. #170
    Super Member faykilgore's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    San Antonio, TX
    Posts
    1,484
    Quote Originally Posted by such a sew and sew View Post
    This quilt was definitely my most time consuming but I enjoyed making it.
    There are a LOT of stunning quilts posted, but this one took my breath away!
    Fay

    "You can't help that. We're all mad here." - The Cheshire Cat from Alice in Wonderland.

  21. #171
    Super Member hairquilt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Arkansas
    Posts
    1,660
    Blog Entries
    3
    Love this thread. Fabulous quilts!!

  22. #172
    Super Member GrannieAnnie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    S. W. Indiana
    Posts
    7,489
    Quote Originally Posted by nygal View Post
    Name:  Crazy Quilt Top Done 002.jpg
Views: 1569
Size:  127.8 KBI guess my favorite of all time is the Crazy Quilt that I made about six years ago. Probably because I chose all the fabrics and the embroidery designs and did some of the decorative stitches myself. I took me about two months to make it.
    The backing is a very light weight black courdory that already had red embroidered roses on it. That was such a great "find" when I went to the fabric store!!
    What a pretty crazy quilt
    Bad Spellers of the World
    U N T I E

  23. #173
    Super Member quiltingeileen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    1,372
    Very pretty. I never thought to do a floral log cabin. I'll put that on my list .
    Eileen

  24. #174
    Super Member GrannieAnnie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    S. W. Indiana
    Posts
    7,489
    Quote Originally Posted by fireworkslover View Post
    OK, I hope this works.
    Wow, your name certainly defines this quilt. Outstanding.
    Bad Spellers of the World
    U N T I E

  25. #175
    Super Member quiltingeileen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    1,372
    What a beautiful quilt!! Love the fabrics you chose also.
    Eileen

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.