Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 53

Thread: Sue's Sparkly Floral....quilted by Charisma

  1. #26
    Super Member LindaR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    2,944
    Blog Entries
    1
    I love seeing all your work, keep it coming

  2. #27
    Super Member nursie76's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Central PA
    Posts
    5,644
    Exquisite as usual. I was wondering, do you just start out and then create the swirls and feathers as you go, or do you mark the quilt top in some way first? I have no artistic talent in drawing and such and this seems much like drawing or painting to me. I do fine with a coloring book where the outlines are clearly there to color in, but wow! I never could conceive of such a beautiful design, let alone just draw (or sew) it out with nothing to follow. Kudos to you! You are an artist extraordinaire!

    Sue - your quilt is beautiful, the colors are so wonderful! Nice work.

  3. #28
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Tallmadge, OH
    Posts
    5,055
    What can I say - it's beautiful!

  4. #29
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Long island, Ny
    Posts
    242
    Blog Entries
    1
    wow that's buyestiful!

  5. #30
    Senior Member quiltingcousin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    883
    So very pretty......both the piecing and the quilting. Great job x 2!

  6. #31
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Ephrata, WA
    Posts
    8,989
    Blog Entries
    30
    Quote Originally Posted by dixiechunk
    I seem to remember that when you post pictures of the tops you have quilted it most always says you used Hobbs polydown. Do you ever use a cotton batting like Warm and Natural or Soft Touch? What are your feelings about cotton vs poly battings? Just curious, certainly not at all critical, as your quilting is absolutely marvelous.
    I can use any batting. I offer Hobbs polydown because I like how it looks. But it also doesn't collect any lint while I quilt or beard. SO I just like it. Some prefer cotton so they will send me cotton batting with thier quilt.

  7. #32
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Ephrata, WA
    Posts
    8,989
    Blog Entries
    30
    Quote Originally Posted by nursie76
    Exquisite as usual. I was wondering, do you just start out and then create the swirls and feathers as you go, or do you mark the quilt top in some way first? I have no artistic talent in drawing and such and this seems much like drawing or painting to me. I do fine with a coloring book where the outlines are clearly there to color in, but wow! I never could conceive of such a beautiful design, let alone just draw (or sew) it out with nothing to follow. Kudos to you! You are an artist extraordinaire!

    Sue - your quilt is beautiful, the colors are so wonderful! Nice work.
    HI N76,

    I don't typically draw out my designs..they are all freehand. This quilt I just quilted. Sometimes if I have to put down wording or something I will use my chalk pencil ..just to make sure it fits and I spelled everything correctly....or if I think I am going to struggle with a specific shape. But usually I just quilt.

    Thanks alot!

  8. #33
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Ephrata, WA
    Posts
    8,989
    Blog Entries
    30
    Quote Originally Posted by sueisallaboutquilts
    I am freaking out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG I can't believe what you did to my plain plain quilt!
    I will treasure this one as it was quilted by you, C !!!!!!!
    THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!
    HI Sue,
    I am so glad you like it! It is really pretty!
    your welcome.

  9. #34
    Moderator QuiltnNan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    western NY formerly MN, FL, NC, SC
    Posts
    49,441
    Blog Entries
    53
    ooooh! ahhhhh!

  10. #35
    Super Member sash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    2,579
    Beautiful quilt and beautiful quilting. Love fairy frost.

  11. #36
    Member Jazz's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    SW Houston
    Posts
    89
    Blog Entries
    2
    Charismah, that is beautiful!

    I'm a new quilter (that is, I'm not very good at it yet, certainly not nearly as good as these Quilting Board members!)

    I have a few questions for you: How much do you charge to long arm quilts? About how much time is your turn-around?
    And, if I send you a quilt that is not exactly perfect, can you quilt it anyway?

    Thanks.

  12. #37
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Ephrata, WA
    Posts
    8,989
    Blog Entries
    30
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazz
    Charismah, that is beautiful!

    I'm a new quilter (that is, I'm not very good at it yet, certainly not nearly as good as these Quilting Board members!)

    I have a few questions for you: How much do you charge to long arm quilts? About how much time is your turn-around?
    And, if I send you a quilt that is not exactly perfect, can you quilt it anyway?

    Thanks.
    Sending you a PM

  13. #38
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    1,216
    I agree! And I LOVE the quilting design you chose for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by luvstitches
    Always such beautiful quilting!!!
    The quilt is adorable!

  14. #39
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    2,310
    Great work!

  15. #40
    Super Member franie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    SW Iowa
    Posts
    6,571
    Another beautiful quilt with beautiful quilting.

  16. #41
    Super Member franie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    SW Iowa
    Posts
    6,571
    Yes, I have discovered Hobb's Poly down too and I love it also. And the last quilt I quilted with that and polyester thread came out super duper--hardly any lint to speak of. Cotton thread and cotton batting and I am cleaning at every bobbin change.
    Quote Originally Posted by charismah
    Quote Originally Posted by dixiechunk
    I seem to remember that when you post pictures of the tops you have quilted it most always says you used Hobbs polydown. Do you ever use a cotton batting like Warm and Natural or Soft Touch? What are your feelings about cotton vs poly battings? Just curious, certainly not at all critical, as your quilting is absolutely marvelous.
    I can use any batting. I offer Hobbs polydown because I like how it looks. But it also doesn't collect any lint while I quilt or beard. SO I just like it. Some prefer cotton so they will send me cotton batting with thier quilt.

  17. #42
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Ephrata, WA
    Posts
    8,989
    Blog Entries
    30
    Quote Originally Posted by franie
    Yes, I have discovered Hobb's Poly down too and I love it also. And the last quilt I quilted with that and polyester thread came out super duper--hardly any lint to speak of. Cotton thread and cotton batting and I am cleaning at every bobbin change.
    Quote Originally Posted by charismah
    Quote Originally Posted by dixiechunk
    I seem to remember that when you post pictures of the tops you have quilted it most always says you used Hobbs polydown. Do you ever use a cotton batting like Warm and Natural or Soft Touch? What are your feelings about cotton vs poly battings? Just curious, certainly not at all critical, as your quilting is absolutely marvelous.
    I can use any batting. I offer Hobbs polydown because I like how it looks. But it also doesn't collect any lint while I quilt or beard. SO I just like it. Some prefer cotton so they will send me cotton batting with thier quilt.
    HI Franie,
    Isn't that HObbs great! I can hear when my bobbin collects lint balls...and I have to clean them out or the stitching goes wonky...with that poly batting no problems at all. It is very nice. I can put on my ipod and quilt away without worry. :thumbup:

  18. #43
    Senior Member Blue's quilting mama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Northern CA
    Posts
    755
    Another fantastic quilt and quilting, Charisma!

  19. #44
    Power Poster feline fanatic's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    10,462
    This is a great quilting design for all over quilting. I like the spirals in the border too. :wink:

  20. #45
    Super Member huntannette's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    northern ontario
    Posts
    4,319
    gorgeous!!

  21. #46
    Super Member Cottontop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Williamsport, PA
    Posts
    1,082
    Oh my, how perfectly beautiful.

  22. #47
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    436
    This is so pretty and the quilting patterns make it sing! Nice job ladies!

  23. #48
    Super Member RobertaMarie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Bakersfield, CA
    Posts
    2,069
    Blog Entries
    2
    Awesomely beautiful... Nice work ladies.
    Hugs to both of you.

  24. #49
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,328
    I can only dream of such beautiful things. Great job to you both.

  25. #50
    Junior Member bevannthomas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    241
    I would love to send you my quilts? Is that possible?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.